Procrastiation?

Everytime I need to write a paper, I think of how it won't my best work and I'll fail. I don't like writing because I'm scared of professors judging my thought process as stupid, even if I have valid explanations. Despite this, I still somehow manage to receive good grades on papers. I don't think I'm intelligent at all, so not sure how that happens. Is there a way to overcome procrastination?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't think I'm intelligent at all"
    You're ruling yourself out. Most people are way smarter than they think they are. And when they realize this, things start to happen. You have a beautiful mind. You've been running on hold and yet you get great grades. Do the world a favor and go all-out. I cannot wait to see your light shine all the way to Italy (where I live)! Plus your short elaborate on your problem is the most easily understandable piece of writing I've come across in a while : your thought process is not just sound, but genius ;)

What Guys Said 4

• you just gotta say fuck it and do it. that's how I beat it, sometimes hahaa.

• First of all you have been getting good marks up to now so you can do it. Therefore your professor appreciates your thought process. Don't doubt yourself and get cracking on your next paper.

• personally i do this...

i just write em down in 1 shot... and wotever happens... good? 8)

• You just gotta wing it sometimes

What Girls Said 2

• I struggle with procrastination! Maybe thinking about the consequences will help, e. g if you leave it till late you'll start panicking and have less time to write a good quality of work. And maybe you could be like: 'If I do my work properly, i'll treat myself to...'. And treat yourself to something you like to make doing your work feel more rewarding.

I understand that you're scared of your thought processes being negatively judged. I sometimes worry about that too. But I'm sure your professors will help you improve and point out what your strengths are!

• I was actually talking to my friend about procrastination yesterday, and made a rhyme. Here's a bit of it:

Procrastination in education
      Lacking confrontation
      Of information
      Delays the nation,
      Causing tribulation

Lol

• You need discipline to overcome procrastination.