How to get mom and step dad to stop smoking in the motherfucking car?

I have a 7 YEARS OLD sister. She's in the car. I'm in the car. And they don't hesitate to light up that fucking poisonous cigarette. Rolling down the god damn windows doesn't make the smoke vanish. Fucking doctor saw the effects of secondhand smoking in my lungs when I caught the flu.

Like that's not enough, she makes me buy cigarettes. And I have to do it, because according to the law, I'm her pet.

Step dad is out of the city most of the time and I HATE IT when he comes back. He's not abusive or anything, but they're all chainsmokers. Oh great, you opened the windows of the living room. The smoke will dance out of it until it completely disappers. The room won't smell like shit.

I'm a hypochondriac and I'd go insane if I was ever told I had cancer. Smoking is #1 leading cause for all cancers. Bitch is paying to make me sick.

Most Helpful Girl

• my parents suffocated me and my brothers in the house and the car while growing up, its because those damn cigarettes are so fucking addicting people forget they are killing themselves and their children. Finally i am old enough to tell them no way in hell are you smoking when im in the car or my son. And in Canada it is now illegal for parents to smoke with children in the car... its about time.

• Finally a law that makes sense!

I hope you don't have any health problems caused by those thick ass parents.

What Guys Said 4

• Give your parents an ultimatum: it's either you or the cigarettes. Threaten them with everything you can to get them to seriously quit (not like violence, but like you'll do poorly in school, won't listen to them, be a btch, etc.)

• My dad would always smoke in the car
    and i would get sick all the time my advice
    you can make coughing sounds they can't shut you up
    you need to do something to open their eyes up that's
    for sure ,

• u should tell it... if they don't understand then they r thick as hell... sorry :/

• Kill them both.

What Girls Said 5

• It took my mom going to a specialist about something unrelated the other day to get her to realize she needs to quit. She's got arthritis in her back and a bunch of other shit wrong, and the doctor told her smoking is only going to accelerate it. So now she's looking into e-cigs and slowly bringing down her nicotine intake with that until she quits completely.

I'm hoping she'll stick with it.

• its against the law for them to smoke with anyone under 18 in the car with them. so if you are that serious about getting them to stop the only thing i can suggest is telling law enforcement. have you tried talking to them about it?

• I don't think it's illegal here in Turkey

• Tell them they're stupid and selfish.

• Me: Mom, you're stupid and selfish.

Mom: *hits with terlik* *kicks out of house*

• Tell her it'll give you fucking cancer.

• You can't make them. You can just tell them how it makes you feel.

• Just because there's lots of $ involved in that industry, you don't criminalize smoking and let them poison us. Everyone would lose their shit if she was smoking weed.