Should I go on dropping my class?

Hi. I'm 20 years old and currently in my 3rd year of architecture school. Last January, my father died of an illness. That time, the semester was just starting. I got depressed and for some reason my behavior changed. I suddenly lost motivation to do requirements for school and would cry almost every night. I didn't do a single requirement for my classes and often I'd just not go to school. Fast forward, now it's finals, and my condition is getting better, but my grades are not. Architecture is very intense when it comes to requirements, and I don't think I can make it. There's only 1 week and 2 days left. And I'm thinking of dropping 2 classes. I had talked to my mom and she just told me to do whatever feels comfortable to me. But I feel guilty because she pays for my tuition and everything. Sometimes I think of dropping the whole semester, but I would be very much left behind and I don't want that. What do you say people?

Most Helpful Guy

• if u feel pressured better stop... helath comes first :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Have you spoken to the school about withdrawing for the time being to allow for time to grieve? They're usually very understanding about that kind of thing.

• There's a mandatory guidance counselling whenever a student fails/drops 35% of the units he/she took every semester. I think I should just wait for that one.

• No, it looks better for you to approach the school before it gets to that point.

• I don't think you should.