Should the United States, Britain and other NATO allies do more to stop the Islamic State (ISIL) in Iraq & Syria?

Islamic State is a religious, self imposed government that is rapidly spreading throughout Syria & Iraq with the goal of conquering as much of the world as possible through murder and intimidation. IS believes that the whole world must be Muslim and they must kill all non-believers to accomplish that. IS imposes a strict version of Sharia Law that includes cutting off someone's hand for theft and the death sentence for any woman that doesn't cover their heads/faces. They are well known for their beheadings and point blank shootings of tens of thousands of innocent people including western hostages. They have also systematically exterminated entire religious minorities in the area.

IS strongly supports Jihad and suicide operations, encouraging its members to carry out attacks against the 'West' and in their own country. Boys are groomed into becoming Jihad terrorists from the age of 12 as it is considered their 'destiny' to die while killing other non-believers.

They believe that all non-Muslim's are infidels and therefor MUST be executed unless they convert to their branch of Shi'ite Islam. All Shia Muslim's are killed regardless as they are considered blasphemers. (75,000 Christians and 180,000 Shia Muslim's have been murdered so far).

4-5 million people have fled from their homes in fear and have now been made homeless or refugees as a direct result of IS.

Any building that is not Shi'ite is destroyed by explosives and bulldozers. This includes all Church's and Shia places of worship as well as ancient archaeological sites that predate Islam. IS has destroyed 3000yo ancient Akkadian sites, the 2000yo tomb of Job and also the ancient site of Palmyra.

Should we do more to counteract this extremist, terrorist threat?

• No, it isn't our war & we shouldn't intervene.
  • No, we help them enough already.
  • I really don't care.
  • Yes, we should support Iraq & Syria more.
  • Yes, we should send our troops in to destroy ISIL!

Most Helpful Girl

• Really, we should just take all of our troops back and recall everyone including our citizens/reporters. If they continue to be in the countries where ISIS is deemed most, then it is their ass. Sorry, but this isn't our fight and ISIS--like every other NON western country, hates the US because of this reason. The middle east needs to fight their own battles just like we had to fight ours.

And, also, incase no one has noticed, we are broke! We don't have the money for this! Stop focusing on other ppls problems and worry about our own! When they decide to come to the US and bother us, then we will take them down.

• I've been to a lot of non-western countries and haven't found a lot of hatred for the US. Where have you been?

• If the communists (Russia, China, Korea) suddenly attacked the US, dropping nukes on Washington & New York before landing several hundred million of their troops, America would be screaming for help and support from Europe . I doubt it would ever happen, but if it did America would be fucked against those 3 together. By your logic though, your allies shouldn't help you because it would be up to you to fight this battle as its your own fight in your own lands. Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Australia could help, but it would be easier not to, after all….

• I am sorry, I remember you asking for my opinion... and I gave it. It doesn't make me ignorant.. it makes you ignorant for not being able to take someone's opinion. Most likely you have family over there.. not my issue. And, the USA is in debt because we cannot mind our own damn business. You are obviously too stupid to realize this

What Girls Said 3

• I want their barbaric asses dead tbh..
    It's disgusting what's going on over there
    Fuck trying to make peace
    They obviously want us all dead, so let's kill them all

• I don't know to be honest, but ISIS is really annoying and stupid. The people in it are going to be in for a cold surprise in their grave... Cause none of what they're doing is supposed to be done in Islam.

• 1.) Does Islam permit the murdering of other Muslims such as Shia?
      2.) Does Islam permit the murdering of Christians and other religions?
      3.) Does Islam support a worldwide Caliphate that controls everyone under a Sharia Law?

These are real questions btw…thanks

• @asker okay are Muslims angels? The answer is no if a Christian or jew killed or raped does that Judaism or Christianity orders killing Hitler was a Christian and he killed millions but that doesn't mean that Christianity orders that the fault in us not in the idea (Islam) we r not perfect we make things wrong and right like humans and I am saying what they r doing is wrong and that's what Muslims think and in any Muslim country of this happens they punish them and mention me so I can see the notification lol

• I haven't read all the comments, but the answer to your questions Asker are:

No, No, and No.

The profit Muhammed said that he who kills one kills all of humanity. Ergo, murder is a no.
      See above.
      No, as Sharia law is only a law for muslims, and the law that the Islamic State follows is a terribly misinterpreted version of these laws.

• YES! We need to do something!

What Guys Said 15

• actually it's like fighting against a boss with unlimited HP

wotever u do... new fanatic zealots will pop-out again ;)

• True. But IS shot dead 55 Iraqi Christian school boys yesterday then tied up their schoolteachers and set them on fire. Apparently education is forbidden under Islamic State.

Surely there becomes a point when enough is enough. So many innocent people dying that don't have the protection or freedom of me and you...

• Yeah they need help in the middle east. If you read stories about what is really happening in those countries it reveals that many thousands of people are getting slaughtered by ISIL. There is no excuse for any culture or human to have to stand by and get murdered. They are fighting back the best they know how and need help because they cannot do it alone. ISIL cannot withstand heavy armored tanks and military vehicles, including air support. Let's not forget about the 300 hundred girls that were abducted by Boko Haram and the numerous others that were abducted and killed by his regime linked to ISIL.

• The Muslims in those countries that hate ISIS need to fight themselves. ISIS is just like Al-queda and is apart of the Jihadist ideology, which is anti-Islamic in mentality. The only way to kill the ISIS cancer in the world is to get Muslims themselves to fight it, Westren nations can't do it on their own. Hopefully ISIS does something that pisses off the Muslim world soon (bombing Mecca, maybe?), and they decide to join forces with the West against the evil known as ISIS.

• That's a difficult one really I don't think they will ever go away completely @klatuu51 said it pretty well they are like a boss with unlimited hp but Al Qaida and a lot of these groups clearly have panic when the likes of the U. S. And European airforces attack because the aircraft are pretty powerful let's see us - f22's , F18's , F16's France rafale and euro fighter typhoon , UK euro fighter , typhoon and small number of Apache gunships and that's not forgetting if us needed a bucket load of carriers full of f18's and not forgetting most of these also have drones.

• Its Arabs killingArabs. That's a win win in my book

• Yes Britain and the USA should have acted long ago and now it's far to late to prevent what they are going to do in the west. They seem to all underestimate these terrorist organizations until they actually come over and start hitting our side of the pond. All I've heard coming out of America is that we will act if our country is under direct threat which it actually is. ISIS has sleeper agents dotted all over the place in the UK and the USA just waiting to take action.

To anyone who thinks its not our fight trust me it will be lol sooner rather than later.

• I believe the whole world must stop isis coz it's against humanity and culture isis is a bug whi needs to by killed or they will kill us and destroy us

• Agree. Imagine if they got their hands on nuclear weapons...

• Yeah the problem is people think Islam orders this and obviously they kill Muslims sunni and shiia they r terrorists who killed one of my friends who served in the army of Egypt those people should really be killed all the world should kill them

• Yeah, they should stop funding Islamic State to begin with.
    That'd be a good start.

• No. Let them do whatever they want over there. As long as it doesn't affect me directly.

• Just let the rag heads finish killing each other. Why should our people die over their tribalism?

• The Muslim world should do it. Claim to be a religion of peace. Police your fucking lunatics!!

• They should stop preventing people from other countries from joining ISIS; let them all congregate there and then bring back napalm big time.

• For anyone who advocates doing nothing as "It's not our problem". just wait until the are powerful enough to come knocking on your door!!

• The US should stir the pot and keep them killing each other so they don't come here.

• They are already here.

• I agree but they won't do it. For some reason governments such as the USA and UK fail to see threats until they actually do something in their country which I'm sure will happen pretty soon. They had the chance to act before they grown so strong but as always lets just wait until they are a direct threat.

• ISIS will beat their enemies in the Middle East, consolodate their new State and then attack. But it will be too late then.

• the world police slacking is bad just like in ferguson only with more at steak

• There isn't any 'police' in these parts of Iraq and Syria. IS has murdered them all. The only people patrolling the streets and keeping order are extremist militia with assault rifles. What does Ferguson have to do with it?