What's the best way to take your thoughts off wanting a girlfriend?

If you won't ever have one as you can't ask women out and you're too shy? Keeping busy with other things worked for some time but it didn't work forever.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, it seems GaG attracts a lot of guys who think like you.

Dude, build up your courage. Ask out women.

And besides, you won't have anything great in your life at all, in any area, if you can't build up the virtue of courage. Insist upon having an amazing life. Challenge yourself. It is within the capacity of everyone.

Read this guy's question, you can apply my advice to your dating situation too:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1497009-online-dating-useful-or-a-confidence-killing-waste-of-time

One other thing: don't make dating the most important part of your life. If you place women as the primary thing of importance, you'll just get yourself tied up in knots when you talk to them.

Set a vision for yourself. What fucking amazing thing are you going to do for the world? Set a vision, then break it down into small goals on exactly how you are going to achieve it. Make it your mission in life. Then do it. (side note: this also helps build up courage and confidence--which will yield benefits in your dating life).

Kick life's ass, bro.

• I do have ambitions, goals and I'm quite confident and courageous. Just not with women.

• I have female friends.

• Dude, I wasn't commenting on your social life, lol. Don't miss the point because you are feeling defensive. The advice is meant to help you, not criticize you :)

What Girls Said 3

• enjoy yourself. take some classes, learn some stuff, improve yourself. become awesome, so that you'll be able to attract somebody just as awesome some day. and celebrate your accomplishments.

• That still has an end goal of attracting someone.

• I have no idea.

• Just do it!

• Three some , you and your hands !

• Distract yourself with other things.

• Tried that. Didn't work.

What Guys Said 6

• Escort? Not as bad of an idea as it sounds. All guys pay for sex some just do it directly.

Alternatively take up bodybuilding? After you train for a while and completely understand diet and training then you could use anabolic steroids. Not advising it but it's the biggest confidence boost on earth. Having 500mg of testosterone in you makes you want to literally ask everything out on a date know matter how shy you are. Again not recommended just for confidence but if you get into bodybuilding its a good benefit.

• Perhaps work at a job 24/7 with barely, if any, break time? Possibly get into cutting to try to take your mind off of the greater pain?

• I got my first when I stopped worrying about it. I was busy with work, school, video games, a new sport, exercise, and job hunting

• But you asked her out right?

• You still initiated it though.

• Kinda. Set up the date

• focus on sth else bro... like music ;)

• Get yourself a friends with benefits .

• That Wong happen either.

• If I don't like them.

• Well you're just being picky at this point..

• I was the same way at that age. I eventually worked up the courage to ask women out, and I didn't care about the outcome.