Our local skating rink wouldn't let my little sister leave?

I took my little sister and her friend skating last night and the place wouldn't let them walk out in the parking lot so they had to call me when I was in the parking lot waiting, to come inside and get them. Isn't that illegal to hold people when they never signed a waver or anything? We live in the US, where it's supposed to be free, right? Al

Updates:
Okay, first of all, they are litterally 15, I just drove, and they were wanting to leave at 8, and its not a vacant terrible neighborhood, so if you don't know how to be kind, you probably shouldn't be commenting mean things.

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Guy

• I think probably for girls safety

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Theoretically, it may constitute false imprisonment, but it sounds like they are just trying to protect kids and that's a good thing!

0|0
    0|0
  • They were just being protective, really. Especially if they were quite young. Don't you think that's a good thing?

0|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't you be grateful that they're trying to look out for younger kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • they were jut looking out for her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• They were probably doing it for their protection since they're younger and it was at night time. You should be grateful instead of being pissy, for fucks sake.

1|1
    1|0
  • They did the right thing. It's always better to be cautious in those situations.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, it's illegal!

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably didn't want to be held responsible if anything happened to them. I assume they're fairly young and it was dark when you left?

0|0
    0|0