Am I an outright asshole for this?

What happened was that several I was at a bar minding my own business until some idiot guy (out of no where) comes up and accuses me of physically assaulting his girlfriend (which I never did at all). He then bickers to me on and on about how I'm a cowardly man for hitting a lady and that even if the lady hits me first, I should "man up" and walk away like a "real man". While I just ignore all of the bullshit he's telling me along with his false accusations, he then proceeded to test to test me even more by picking a fight with me outside of the bar.

I ended up kicking his ass so bad that he nearly suffered from head trauma after dropping him with a 1-2 powerful combinations and then curb stopping him (no, he's obviously not dead or otherwise, I wouldn't be typing this. He's just injured pretty bad in his head and jaw). He ended up crying after I beat him up and then I ridiculed him by yelling to him "Man the fuck up faggot! I thought you were trying to be a real man teaching a cowardly guy like myself a lesson!"

Then I got arrested and charged with aggrevated assault and now I'm scheduled to go court for my conviction and see what my sentence will be.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You maybe overreacted, it all depends on the situation. A severe beating was certainly an overreaction. I have a gun and C&C so I have to be very diplomatic around aggressive and drunk people, I can't afford to be in a fight. If I'm provoked I just use words and walk away.

• I just snapped because of him constantly harassing me and the fact that I was having a really bad day that day. He wasn't even drunk either. It was only his girlfriend that might have been a tad drunk.

• Make sure you get witnesses to support this and the judge might go easy on you.

What Girls Said 3

• No one deserves to be beaten up. Being a man isn't all about that. By walking away would have been the mature thing to do.

• Oh man that a thoughie well I hope you don't get convicted if you do make sure you bring lube to jail

• No fuck it. But you have to accept the consequences as a man. Maybe you could have stopped short of curb stombing him though haha.

• Well, I never said I didn't accept my consequences as adult. However, It still felt good having his ass handed to him after falsely accusing me and imposing some of the gender moral BS on me. I'm already stressed out enough from my personal issues and from gender roles.

• Well you better get your personal and gender issues sorted for the carcel hermano

What Guys Said 3

• Legally you're an asshole

Morally you are not. Dude got what he deserved.

Dropped him with a 2 piece? Props 👍🏻

• you shouldn't have stomped his head on the curb other than that no you werent in the wrong.

• No man not at all