Why do people think your trashy because you get pregnant at 16?

Okay my mom had my older sister at 16 and she was a good mom she made sure she had what she needed/wanted.

I'm not pregnant just saying.

Most Helpful Guy

• generally in societal standings, its very looked down on to get pregnant before adulthood, so people have that initial perspective when they see other people in that exact situation and start judging.

What Guys Said 5

• You know, it baffled me too. My sister was 16 and pregnant at one time (she actually got pregnant at 15) and it happened to be the ONLY time she had sex in her life. To make matters worse, her boyfriend at the time WORE a condom (it obviously failed.) So hers wasn't even an irresponsible decision, it was just poor luck. Of course, many teen moms are great parents, so I don't see why people hate so much on them.

What baffled me, is an adult woman can sleep with random guys, get pregnant countless time, neglect their kids, but this is "ok." However, a teen girl can have sex with one guy, responsibly raise the kid, work hard and still be called "trashy."

• That's perfectly true.

• It's not their fault if the mom doesn't wanna let him be around the child but in some cases they are.

• @Asker In THAT case, no it's not their fault. But that's not the case a majority of the time.

• Its generally not a good situation for you or the baby to be in. Mostly because the baby has a lot of needs and you need to be focused on school. And having a baby just makes things that more difficult. the baby need a stable and secure enviornment. And most likely tthe father or mother dont end up staying

• Well she did.

• Yeah im saying the odds are very low especially at that age. Either the father or the mother leave and the kid ends up with 1 parent in the middle of a custody battle. Poor kids. Seen it many times

• u are not trashy... but most of times, pregnant at 16... isn't a good thing ;)

• Because that's a bit young to be sexually active, especially without protection

• She was not.. 16 is not a proper age to be a good mum mostly

What Girls Said 3

• It's not trashy, it's just a bit irresponsible.

• What if she stayed with the baby?

• @emerald77 Well if you get pregnant, not by choice, you made an irresponsible decision, regardless of age. As far as parenting, I have seen irresponsible parents of all ages, including many middle-aged people. I don't follow your logic here.

• Because they immediately you are sexually active at that age I guess.

• Well, you're basically ruining your life because of a stupid decision