Do you like camping?

With summer coming, do any of you plan on going camping? Do you (like me) think camping is a form of torture? Discuss.

• Yes, I love to be one with nature (and covered in mud and mosquito bites)
  • I can tolerate camping but only for a short period of time
  • Houses and hotels were invented for a reason
People keep talking about going camping during the winter. This is not possible or advisable in Canada, unless you go and stay in a yurt (which is almost like not camping).

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• My family and I go camping (using a motorhome) every summer for a week.

We still sleep in tents, and only operate the TV at mealtimes and at night.

It is very useful to have a motor home because it has a shower, bathroom,, kitchen, and comfortable seating.

• Eating cold meat with warm salad, aggression by mosquitoes, sleeping in a bag in a tiny cold tent, getting out in a cold wet morning to line up for a shower?
    Houses and hotels were invented for a reason

• if I go with certain people, like friends in general, then its a lot of fun. I haven't been camping in a long time but damn I wanna try it again amongst close friends.

• I only camp in cooler weather with winter being my favorite because no bugs and you have the entire campground to yourself

• I live in Canada. That's not really a good idea here. That's just being uncomfortable/endangering yourself on purpose.

• Not if you have the experience and proper clothing and equipment. People stay in tents on Everest

• People also die on Everest.

• No eectricity, no toilets... That's a deal breaker.
    Houses and hotels for sure.

• Yeah in halo 3 lol

• lemme puke for a moment :/

• Oh hells yeah i take some of the crew rockcrawling until we find the perfect spot and then we camp there. And from there its fishing, hiking, trailrunning and sight seeing.

• Yes I love it a lot in the mountains high elevation

• Camping is great. It takes skill and know how to pull it off with reasonable comfort. I enjoy camping with just my pack and my kayak. I find the simplification to be liberating.

• I love camping I think it's the best thing in the world! Well besides that other thing.

• With the right company it's a blast.

• Every summer I go camping with my sibling on a beach far from civilization and you can see the milky way perfectly in the sky...

• Yep I do. Except winter is coming where I am unfortunately

What Girls Said 10

• I hate camping because of bug bites and the fact that someone could come murder you in your tent, bears could rip ur flesh off, and other kinds of animals. I would be WAY to paranoid about something coming to kill me, lol.

• I adore camping, haha. I'm going camping with my family, and probably again with some friends. I can understand why it doesn't appeal to some people, but I love the smell of campfires, the peace of the outdoors, swimming in rivers and hiking and all that. Mosquito's never really bother me much, and mud isn't usually a problem, haha.

• I like all those things you mentioned but don't feel the need to sleep on the ground to enjoy them.

• I'd like to sleep in my own bed after a day of exertions, thanks!

• To each their own! :)

• I love camping. It's usually such an adventure. + I love sleeping in tents, it's a bit scary but kinda comforting and cool in a way. Hate mosquitos tho.

• I've never been camping.. But I imagine I'd hate it because of the bugs.

• I love to camp. If you don't like mosquito's do like we used to & winter camp. I have camped when the temps where well below freezing. And no worries on the mud either. lol hahaha

• I live in Canada. Winter camping is probably a bad idea here.

• That's just stupid and asking for death.

• We were like 15 years old didn't know any better. We all survived and no one got frost bite.

• Last time I camped was for 5 days.. I don't think I could have lasted much longer.. but then again we were trekking and walked at least 8 hours a day and had to built the tent every night again.

• I love camping! My favourite holidays are camping ❤️ I much prefer being in a caravan as opposed to some swanky hotel lol

• I can tolerate it. In fact I will have to endure it during June. I will go with my buddies.

• I don't like it.

• I love camping.

Well, until it's bedtime or I need to use the bathroom.