My boyfriend is addicted to video games! What to do?

So I've been dating this guy for over a year now and he's always playing video games. I get there and he's playing games & leave and he's playing games. It annoys me so much. Some night he asks me to go over and I don't even bother because watching him play games isn't exactly ''fun''. He's autistic & his ''obsession'' is video games but I just can't stand it. I've tried talking to him about it calmy but he just can't go without it.

What can I do?

We even babysitt his nephew thats 10 months old and he's too busy playing video games so he doesn't even come play with me and the baby. If the baby cries he says ''wait I have to finish this round''. NO GET UP which is basically what I'm thinking but I don't want to sound like a bitch but the baby is screaming cuz he fell and he has to finish his game.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's crazy face him and let him know that he needs to get a real life break his video games if I were you

• Well aren't you fucked up.

• @linkywinky it was destiny. fuck!

• @linkywinky it is my opinion and sorry I am not looking for a cleaner to my words, go and clean somewhere else

What Guys Said 10

• there are many guys like this who just love playing video games. you can't change his nature, you can simply dish it out with him or leave him. those are literally you're only 2 options.

• Have you ever heard of the Let Him Have It method? It's an underrated solution to underage drinking.

Let him play as much as he wants. The more he plays without feeling like you're trying to stop him, the sooner he will eventually burn out and get bored of them. It doesn't work for everyone, but I believe it helped me. I'm the only one of my 2 brothers my mother hasn't wanted to throw out yet.

I still play video games sometimes. But when someone asks me to do something I drop everything, even if it's just to get a glass of water.

• I think you need to break up. It is not your right or responsibility to make him stop. He may stop for you if you let him know it is bothering you, but I wouldn't even make it an ultimatum.

• I don't want him to STOP. Just to play less... he offers to babysitt his nephew & asks me to come help him. I get there, the nephew is crying & screaming and he's too busy playing video games so he doesn't take care of the baby.

• Sounds like he should not be baby sitting in the first place... but honestly I know a lot of this has to do with his autism, and I had a flatmate who had autism once so I know about being with someone like that in a way. I know I could not do it and I just want you to know that that is fine not being able to do it. Especially with him, it is more than just an addiction...

• simply tell hime "choose... yer games or me?"

;)

• You two are clearly not communicating so why continue this relationship?
    Don't tell me "Cause I love him, he's a good guy"

• I tried but his autism makes him addicted to them

• Lol at girls trying to change a guy. Never has it ever worked.

• I don't care if he plays video games once in a while but it's ALWAYS...& he didn't used to when we started dating. This started a little while ago

• You dont get my point. It's NOT normal to ignore a crying baby for video games.

• Exactly so leave him.

• If it's leauge of legends he is fucked l. If it is another game he should be able to function like a normal human without it.

• You can't change him, you need to find someone more mature.

• lol, video games. i gave that up years and years ago

• over a year and you still haven't picked this up? didn't you know way back when that he's obsessed with them?

• He didn't used to be this bad.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to talk to him, why are you even worrying about being a bitch? He's the one acting like it. Next time the baby needs him just tell him right away "You need to get the fuck here and help me out, you're the one supposed to baby sit him." Honestly I wouldn't put up with this, why would he invite you over if all he's gonna do is play video games? You need to tell him exactly how you feel and how wrong his behaviour is. If the fact that he's autistic doesn't let you have a decent relationship, as bad as it is, you need to leave. You need to think about yourself too.

• Ha... Ummm, start fooling around with yourself and see if he puts down the controller to take over? I don't know.. I'd try that I guess.

• You need to give him an ultimatum.