I can't decide... Advice?

I have a final for math today. I really do not want to do it because i know i am going to fail it. I am not not taking this class for credit I am just trying to improve my math skills so Im taking it pass/no pass fail. I have failed every single test i have taken in this math class. It is not because I do not study or I do not know what i am doing. I have the most class participation and I know all of the answers. It is just when it comes to taking a math test I start messing up and getting things wrong. I start freaking out when i get my test and it feels like my brain is not working and then i start panicing and putting the wrong answers its just awful. I probably already failed the class so why try to fix my grade now (right? I just dont want to feel like i didn't try or that i am taking the easy way out. I dont want to go and waste the professors time if i am not going to finsh the test or pass it but i feel like I have to do the test like it is something I am supposed to do. I mean should I?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are an ambitious person like me, you should definitely do it. Not for your professor and not for the grade either. Just for yourself. For the sake of having taken it. I don't think it will be a waste of time. And since the result doesn't matter much anyway, you could see it as a great opportunity to practice getting rid of your exam fears. You could for example leave the paper in front of you, look at the different problems but not write anything for the first 10 minutes. Even if you feel like you know the answer, make yourself go through these ten minutes without actually doing anything. This sounds like torture but I believe it could calm you down a lot. Instead of just wildly starting to write something, you can take some deep breaths, look at the problems, making look around in the room a bit, look back at the paper and so on. Sometimes when you have a second or third look on something, it becomes much clearer. Personally, I reserve about the last 5-10 minutes in every single exam I have at Uni to go over everything and look at my answers one more time. Sometimes I realise that I wrote down something weird in the beginning and have some time to correct that. So yeah, just take a lot of time for yourself and for your fears at the exam. Don't even aim to finish it. Because the grade doesn't matter anyways, you could just see it as a chance to work on yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• go take the test and consider this time spent as practice towards a skill you will need in the future, to better yourself.

• if u wanna fix yer grade then do it... but please, if results r bad.. don't feel sad :)

• Omg I have the exact same problem with math test. I can do the homework easy but test day I choke hard.

• i think you should try you may be surprized

What Girls Said 1

• You need to do it.