Anyone up for a little Bible trivia?

Check out Genesis 38: 8-12 (King James Version)

Guy named Onan is told to have sex with his sister-in-law. He refuses, jerks off, and God kills him for it.

I shit thee not.

@ HereForTheDay if by bastardized you mean I took it out of context, well yes... what's your point? I made it incumbent on you to provide confirmation passages to support your position, which you did not.

And yes, it is about defying God, because no human being can obey all the bullshit laws in the Old Testament.
*********update

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol!! Love it. King of kings? I say bastard if bastards!!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Hey you want a fun story one for you : )

King James 2000 Bible
    "You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with another kind: you shall not sow your field with mixed seed: neither shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

• I think you are missing the main point of the passage which you have bastardized, by the way. It isn't about the sperm, it is about defying God.

• If by bastardized you mean I took it out of context, well yes. .. what's your point? I made it incumbent on you to provide confirmation passage to support your position, which you did not.

• I would think ANY Christian would "Give a Shit". But you are obviously rude and not very educated.

• I'm not sure what education has to do with courtesy, but if you're insisting there must be some kind of hierarchy in heaven then you are either middle management somewhere... or you are a minister.

• This is inaccurate.

Onan is told to have sex with his sister in law. This was normal at the time: his brother died, his sister in law had no children. She would be destitute without children when older. So it was the brother in laws job to get her pregnant so she could have kids that would be considered his brother's children. Sort of like a surrogate father with very similar genetics, obviously, in vitro didn't exist.

Onan was punished for 'spilling his seed on the ground'.

He wasn't masturbating.

He was screwing his sister in law and pulling out so she wouldn't get pregnant and he'd have an excuse to keep screwing her for fun.

• By presuming Onan ' s motive, you are violating one of the cardinal laws of scholarship... not to interpret and add words that are not already there. You also claim that spilling seed is figurative, when clearly it is literal.

• but thats not true at all he has sex with his sister in law and pulls out