Should I take harder classes next (my junior) year?

I want to become a neurologist when I grow up, but I know I should be taking harder classes. The problem for me is that I have anxiety and get too overwhelmed. I'm taking regular classes and currently have a 4.0 GPA, so I know Im capable of taking hard classes, but I'm afraid I won't do well or that Id get too stressed out. Next year, I'm taking anatomy, Honors chemistry, regular English , regular pre-calc, half year orchestra that only lasts half of the class period, honors ancient history (only for one quarter), modern history (only for one quarter), world at war elective (only for one quarter), online phyed (only for one quarter)(we'd meet once a week to log in our hours), and Spanish. There are a total of 16 slots open and the majority of theseOPu classes are two slots. However, I'm thinking about, either, take all honors, or drop a class so I can take STATS. And if I do, should I take honors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you are still in high school definitely take the harder classes. It could help you get over your anxiety or at least find a way to manage it for the future (cuz college will be even harder). I don't know what college you want to go to to be a neurologist, but if you want to go to a good college, they would prefer a student with a 3.7 gpa and hard classes over a student with a 4.0 taking all easy classes. Also the harder classes will prepare you so much better.

What Guys Said 4

• you can try taking 1 hard class next year and see how you manage, then up it to 2 or 3.

• if u don't have 2 pay... then u can give it a try :)

• I would take a couple of harder classes. You can always drop down to regular classes if it's too stressful but it's good to at least try it

• Harder classes do look really good on your transcript, but that's mostly for college. If you are planning on going to a private or prestigious college, I'd definitely throw in a few harder classes. Plus, they prep you for college work.

What Girls Said 3

• Up to you. I want to major in Foresnic science so I already took the AP biology and half a year of organic and regular chemistry.

• AP Stat? i would take AP Stat so that you can place out of it in college.

• you should take honors.