Is it true that eating/drinking cold stuff during your period will give you horrible cramps and pain?

I've beenntold this since I was young and had gotten my period, I always avoid cold things because I notice I do get horrible cramps and pains, sometimes unbearable. But is it cause I've tricked my mind into thinking that or does it actually cause cramps.

Whats your experience and have you noticed this?

would love some light shed on this cause avoiding cold stuff and only eating warm or hot stuff for roughly a week each month is such a hassle

Most Helpful Girl

• it is for me.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I think that's a myth. I eat cold stuff all the time during it. As long as I get SOME food in my belly, I'm fine.

I heard that drinking dark pop makes it worse as well. I still do it.

• It probably depends on the girl. Girls complain about being emotional, having period cramps or pains when they eat or drink something, but I don't experience any of those. The only thing I hate about period is changing the damn pad and if it leaks on to my clothes or bed.

• I think that's false nothing I like more than ice cream and hot foods like greasy fried chicken and stuff so like I said I think it's a myth! :)