What do you think about college kids getting Porsche Cayennes?

People give their kids expensive cars. Must be nice.

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• They are superficial and impractical. Bad combination.

Even if my parents could have given me a luxury SUV, I'd plead for them not to, and instead go for fuel-efficient mid-level car (which I did get, a black 2011 Ford Fusion).

My mom actually got a Porsche Cayenne in 2007, and I gave her so much grief for it. It was a gas-guzzling SUV (12-15 MPG) that would cost a fortune to maintain. 8 years later, she hasn't driven it in years because an oil change would cost around $1500.

She stubbornly held onto it until the resale value for that model sunk to around 15K. Now she's trying to sell it. Did she get her money's worth? No. Was the envy worth the sunk cost of driving a German SUV? Ask her.

What Girls Said 11

• If their parents can afford to gift them expensive cars then I don't see the problem :) I mean yeah they're spoiling them instead of teaching them to work for what they have, but I don't think it's too big of a deal :)

• I'm surprised at how angry some people are about this one. Is there a context to this I'm not aware of? I mean I hate rich people 2 but, a car is a car id k. I dont feel anything about this. What is the political significance of a Prosche Cayenne?

• They are just typical spoiled and privileged rich kids.

• I wish I was that lucky lol.

• It's not relevant to my life, so I don't care.

• Envious a bit.

• Not a Porsche fan.

• Nothing much. I don't like the Cayenne.

• I just think "good for them".. My parents gave me a car, granted it's not a Porsche lol but it's still a nice car, so I can't really judge. It's their family's decisions

• Nothing much.

• They are very lucky :)

What Guys Said 12

• That was my high school, it was filled with arrogant rich brats. One managed this from when she got her liscence at 16 till gratuation: mercedes e series (crashes it), bmw 5 series (crashed it), lexus IC (crashed it), austin martin... yes a fucking austin martin (no clue what happened to it since we gratuated). I had other friends that had shelby mustangs, mercedes skl amg, boxsters, the majority owned a c series, 3 series, or an a4

• Private school?

• no it was a public school, but it was ranked as one of the best public schools in the nation and was better the majority of private schools. Yea not all were like that, but a suprising amount were to spoil high school.

• great high school too, my grammar is horrible haha...

• They have parents that spoil them I guess?

It has nothing to do with their personality though. They could be really down to earth people who don't take things for granted but they just happen to live a blessed life. However, money doesn't necessarily they have a happy life.

• How the other half live, eh?

• "It must be nice never having to earn anything yourself."

• Its not how I would spend my money, but whatever.

• Parents should stop spoiling them

• I don't give a shit. What kind of car they drive really has no effect on my life.

• if a person is spoiled by their parents, it has a worse effect on guys than it does on girls.

• i see a lot of them.. doesn't bother me.

• Stuck up rich snobs may sound rude but I'm just being honest.

• I was around them in high school, the arrogance and self centeredness was ridiculous. They lived in a bubble. Obviously not all were like that, but a good majority were.

• Luckily for me I grew up in a blue collar city.

• I think it's a waste but do whatever idc. I could be a billionaire and never buy anything for that much. I couldn't pass a poor person on the street. I'd feel guilty or something

• Make them work for what they get so they appreciate it and stop riding their parents coattails