Why do people hate schools?

I love school. I feel more at home there than my actual home. However I see lots of people disliking the school and the rules.
Honestly I don't understand why, and I really wanted to know since a lot of my friends seem to hate school haha.

I like the rules, classes, and just learning in general. If I could choose between vacation and school - I'd choose school anytime.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well when i was younger I loved school and when I got older I felt less. I felt less worthy and pretty much was ashamed of my body and my face. I felt like guys were trying to make me feel less since I was a girl. I felt like I was begin harrassed because I was a girl. I just felt less importanted and kinda still do. Anyway. I went through a deep depression spend most of my HS life crying in the hallways because I knew I could never be pretty enough, talented, smart enough or funny. I just gave up on school... I use to skip school and hide behind a dumpster until my mom left and then I would go back. I left constantly worried that a guy would say something or call me or scarry me. I couldn't manage to talk and I didn't have friends and still don't. This semester in college i failed so now I am stuck and must retake all failed classes because I procrastinated. I hate the endless time I am force to study and care... I hate due date... I hate worrying about the essay that I know will never get an average grade eventhough I worked hard on it. I really hate school and I rather recieve some training. I hate that I spend my life freak out about grade because grade can't describe that I work hard but my depression gets in the way. I am not a grade and no job really cares about it. That why when i have kids I am planing for them to never attend unless they want to. Why? Because I rather they explore the world then have someone tell them what the fuck they have to do. Yea, I hate school with a passion.

What Guys Said 6

• Because school is a waste of time if you know that you don't want to go to college. Also, most of the shit that they teach you is useless for everyday life. Now don't get me wrong it's good to know that stuff though but yeah when am I ever going to use? Unless some little kid is going to walk up to me and ask me some random question pertaining to American history or something.

For me and my homies school was nothing but a place to meet up for 8 hours while laughing at random shit.

• use to gangbang*

You know what, school could and should be FUN. But that's the problem though, *

• Imagine a school in the Alaskan bush bruh..
      Ain't none of my friends killed each other (though a couple fucktards were thinking about it).
      Nicest dude I've known helps run fighting dogs.
      But man there's so much unnecessary crap in school.

• because school is brutal, if your not popular, pretty/handsome/, athletic, or super smart you might as well not exist, which would probably better because if your not in the popular group the bullying is horrible. and most school are failing their students but just trying to pass them through so they get funding the next year. if you are not rich enough for private school, you will likely not be ready for college or the real world

• Well it is so much fun isn't it? All those studying and worrying about your GPA or simply just winging it.. Yep lots of fun
    fc04.deviantart.net/.../...everknowwho-d6m6usm.jpg

• good for you that you love to learn. however for most people school sucks forces you to get up early forces you to be around people you may or may not like, dumb uniforms, more often than not crappy lunch, being told what to do, forced to do work you have no interest in etc.

• Oh I like school, for the friends I suffer with for the whole day
    I don't really learn much. Like, almost none of it are stuff that you actually need to use in the real life :/

• If exams don't exist, school is cool place LOL

What Girls Said 10

• a lot of people ur age feel that tbh. it's an age thing trust me. once ur a little older that mindset may begin to shift lol.

honestly tho, that's amazing. if u can keep it up, that's a great outlook to have and it make u more successful because u r enthusiastic to learn =]

• I just hated the social part of it. But I really did love class and learning new things, I was on great terms with all of my teachers and I participated in extracurricular activities. If other students could have left their rudeness and drama at the door, school would have been heaven for me.

• I always liked school. I liked the learning aspect. But the kids and the rude/uneducated teachers annoyed me. I hate unqualified authoritative figures. I also hate disrespectful and disinterested children. But other kids hate school because they're lazy.

• It all depends on how people are raised. If you're taught to respect your elders and learn self discipline, you'll get along just fine.

If you'd rather the school bend to your rules, you're asking for a tough go of it.

• There are people... everywhere.

• I like school but, I hate my school.

• I love school too. !

• Early mornings. Also the hidden curriculum; ie. teaching you how to behave in a capitalist society (ie. be oppressed); stuff like rules that are purely there to remind you that the teaching staff control you (especially uniform rules..). The routine, although currently I've left school and am kind of a mess without routine so maybe I need it more than I thought :/

• You are a shining star of ignorance.

• Yes healthcare is expensive in the USA and so is college. But both attainable.

• I responded by giving an example of Capitalism's failings. People literally die in the US because they can't afford healthcare, which is just disgusting. A major cause of this? : patented medicines

• I like school.

• Because they are a bunch of lazy pricks