Do you think besides the Holocaust / Camps, Hitler was a good leader?

So, I saw somebody as a question, If Hitler was really a bad guy, And obviously, Everyone was all '''omg yeh he is wel evil'' and throwing rage about.

But, In all Reality, When Hitler came to power in 1933, He was put incharge, Of a nation that was effectively defaulted, Like, Germany was suffering some of the worst Hyperinflation in history at its time,
When he took over, 6 Million people were unemployed, And those that were employed were getting horrible pay, And a large part of the German population was starving, Yet Britain, France and America continued to demand Germany to continue paying, Quite frankly retardededly large amounts of Reperations for 'Causing WW1'. And then France Occupied the German Rhineland and seized most of Germany's Coal and Industry and all of Germany's gold too.

And despite all this, And having basically nothing to work with whilst under some of the Worst debt in Financial history, Hitler, From 1933 - 1939, Turned Germany into one of the most powerful nations on the planet. Re-Occupied the Rhineland, Annexed Austria and Annexed Czechsolvakia (leaving only Solavakia as an ally). He managed to lower Unemployment by 5.7 Million from 6 Million, Those numbers are beyond nuts.

And, He Basically united all the Germans who were split up after WW1 and made a Global Superpower, Can you Imagine if America did something like this today? You would say it was impossible? But, Hitler Managed to do it, I mean, In my Opinion, The man, Is an absolute Genius, And quite honestly saved Germany.

I mean, If he never carried out the Extermination of Jews / Gypsies / Gays / Mentally Challenged / etc,, people, I honeslty think he would be a Prime example of a Great Politician.

• Yes, I think before the war, Hitler was a Good leader
  • No, I still don't think he was a good leader (Explain why).

Most Helpful Girl

• He was certainly charismatic. He was a good speaker, and he used that to gain a large following and power. Plus, he gave people a scapegoat that they could unite against, helping him even more. So yes, in a way I do think he was a good leader. Though he certainly had his flaws (why would you even think attacking Russia in the winter is smart?)

And he certainly cared for his people. He wanted the best for the Germans, though his idea of what the best was was incredibly twisted. I mean, there was an instance where he even refused to eat a rich dinner because he didn't want to eat that well while his people were starving. If you heard of any already well looked upon leader doing that, it would be seen as very noble and compassionate. So obviously even horrible people can have good sides.

And overall, I think it is interesting to discuss Hitler's complexities. While what he did was unequivocally evil, it's still interesting and important to acknowledge him as human, as it makes sure people do understand that evil isn't some crazy thing that affects only those few obviously horrible people. It's something that can live inside even seemingly well meaning and good people as well. And that's important to understand. It's important to teach people that they have to watch even themselves very carefully, because after all, all those horrible dictators we read about in history thought they were doing the right thing too.

What Girls Said 11

• Omg we also had this huge debate in history class. It is impossible to find a final conclusion.
    YES, Hitler "saved" the Germans but in an absolute cruel and unreasonable way.
    He is not a genius for ending the life of 13 million innocent humans and "saving" the life of the MINORITY of Germans.
    I am putting saving in brackets because he didn't saved them. He made them follow a horrible ideology, which will never 100% disappear. Isn't that sad? There are still nazis and nazi parties in Germany even though Germany went through a de-Nazification.

(sorry if I made any language mistakes haha, I find it kind of hard to express myself in English when it comes to this topic :/ )

• Well, In germany at the time, There were 70 Million People, And the Nazi Facist regime killed, As you said, Around 13 Million, So, It wouldn't be right to say they saved a Minority, If anything they killed the Minority.

And, Im not saying that that was right, I think its fucking awful, But, Just correcting ya on that one ;).

And there are no Nazi parties today in Germany, There are Right wing parties yes, But, Not National Socialist.

• Any government that would kill its own people is evil

• @The_Empty all the government's back then had concentration camps and were exterminating people. We just don't hear about it coz it ruins the we're the good guys image. Stalin slaughtered over 50 million during his reign. How many people know that? Hardly any because he was a western ally. History is nonsense pal. It's shaped to serve a purpose that's all

• Was he a smart guy? Most probably yes. Was he very good in making long term plans? Probably somewhat less.

• He's a good leader for ethnic cleansing.

• Great question. I've always wondered this. I know a great many Germans and I would never say they're gullible fools. I've always figured that Hitler could not possibly have come off as such a crazed lunatic during his rise to power.

• Most of what he did is/was wrong. But that doesn't say he wasn't a good leader.

• Hitler was a good leader before and during the war. If you think he wasn't then you're an idiot.

• Yeah he just didn't like the jews robbing his people so he's condemned to always be a murdering madman. I'd love to know the truth. The propaganda fed to us mugs for decades stinks to high heavens. That's bush's only legacy that was worthwhile. He shone a big light on the evil bastards lurking in the shadows who would rape and pillage this world to destruction

• He was good to the German people. He provided for them at a time when the people in Germany lived in poverty , and had lost all hope. He would have stabalised the counrty , so that all German people had jobs

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e96800953a.jpg so overall i think yeah he was ok as an leader

• Judging from the poll, it seems like it is a trend nowadays to admire Hitler...
    Interesting.

• Noone is Admiring his Genocidal acts Post 1939.

We are simply saying that Before WW2, Hitler was a good Politician.

• I think he could have done great deeds if it wasn't for he hadn't been so ambitious

• Economically speaking, yes he was probably great, but as a person and looking out for the people (which is what leadership is all about) he was terrible.

What Guys Said 10

• He didn't let his generals run the war. His decisions were not logical. Operation Barbarossa was a major defeat and he acted like it was no big deal. When america declared war on Japan he automatically declared war on the USA even though we weren't involved at that time. The extermination of the Jews took up a lot of resources that could've been used for the war. He was one dimensional and that was his way and no retreat no matter what. A lot of battles could've turned out quite differently if he had allowed a retreat. He was also a big liar to the whole German peoples.

• He was a great leader. You have to remember all the west's banking, media, even politics are controlled by jews. Every bit of information the last 3 or 4 generations have been exposed to has been biased. The internet is the only tool of information that escaped total censorship so far and it won't be long before thats censored too. If you believe in the new world order, a cabal of bankers and businessmen who control world markets who are trying to get the globe in a stranglehold then you've got to believe the jews are behind it. Is it possible Hitler was trying to fight the new world order? There's a lot of evidence that says so. Pre-war Germany under Hitler and the nazi party was supposed to be idyllic. Hardly any unemployment, everyone United under a common interest. Hitler took the jews out of the countries running and it flourished. Unlike Russia where atrocities were committed non-stop. Why are we constantly exposed to the holocaust? What are the nazis constantly paraded as the 20th centuries bogeyman? Stalin was a far greater murderer and no films have been made about him. Look at Theodore kaufman and his book in the 40s about wiping all Germans off the planet with no negotiation. Not exactly a pacifists view. History is bullshit, written by the Victor to parade in front of the gullible public. Hitler opposed international Jewery and their enslavement and they roused the western democracies to declare war. You should see what's said in the Talmud and other Jewish books. It makes the quaran look like a nursery ryhmm book. Why is there still laws in Europe where you can be imprisoned for speaking out against the jews and the holocaust? If you look at all the evidence you can't help but conclude a massive crime is being covered up and it goes all the way to the top to the most powerful offices. All these current trends and fashions and other distractions in the west keep people from getting smart about how their world is really run and the truth is becoming an anachronism. Nobody cares they're being fucked over. We're all being lined up for slaughter and I'm not exaggerating. It's all fact and it's happening right now. It's all sophisticated feign. Keep people distracted with the the left so they don't see the killer punch coming in under the guard. Ww3 is already happening folks. It's just not getting fought with conventional weapons yet. For you life's sake you need to wake up

• No.
    Despite the propaganda of the "happy german worker toiling for the reich" only the toiling part is true.
    Under nazism rich industrialists were able to curtail and cut all benefits workers had ( and gained under the Weimar republic and socialist parties ) and use the might of the state to enforce them.
    Fascism.

So no, even if Hitler was not all "jew psycho" or "i must have land psycho", his people weren't at all happy either.
    He was a failure from top to bottom. his generals often commented privately on his INCOMPETENCE as a military strategist ( a reason why the war was lost so fast ).

• Yes, he was bad as a military commander, but no, his people did not hate him, I have no idea who's arse you pulled that 'fact' out of, why do you think the nation was willing to lay down all their resources and even their lives to continue his reign?

In 1939 the German people loved hitler, he have them money, houses and food just like he promised, any book / documentary will tell you the same.

• I suggest you "document" yourself better.
      BY 1942 germans hated the regime because it didn't deliver.
      The outside failures made teh inside failures even harder to support. The guy was a failure.

Only neo-nazi hacks think he had any good in him.
      He was austrian by the way, not german.

• Even during the second world war he was a great leader, just an awful human being. He was great at leading. Turns out the direction he led his people in was a bit misguided.

• he was a good leader, he was exactly what Germany needed after ww1, until he went genocidal and nuts. if he hadn't stared going crazy he would have been the greatest leader in German history

• Leadership is strictly a matter f being able to get people to follow you, and judging strictly by that definition, and special-circle-of-hell kind of evil aside, Ya, he was a leader. Too bad he didn't put that to good use...

• Oh hey, it's this guy again. Why do you like Hitler so much?

• Im a different guy.

• I'm not a fucking diplomat. Please stop slinging your "FACTS" at me. I have no idea what happened back then, I don't want to know what happened back then, and I don't have any reason to know what happened back then. Germany wants to forget what happened back then, hell, EVERYONE wants to forget.

You can go on about what a hero he was all you want. I will never agree with a man who, after so much hard work fixing the country he lived in, decided to to run it into the ground again. He didn't repay the debt to Britain, so what did he acomplish that helps us here today? Anyone can have a great idea. We don't need to salvage them from the corpse of a monster.

• I'm sorry, don't answer that. I don't want to know. I surrender. Just stop the "facts" please.

• He was a good leader but he was manipulated.

• No, he obliterated his nation. Much like Obama is doing but in a different way.

• Hitler was completely off his rocker. His predecessor, Paul von Hindenburg, stayed in office (even though he wanted to retire) specifically because he didn't want Hitler to take over. Hitler was only able to assume power after Hindenburg died in office.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_von_Hindenburg

• But, Hindenburg was a fucking terrible leader, Look at the Mess he created of Germany. And Hitler fixed that.

Everytime Germany was about to make a recovery from its gargantuan debt, Hindenburg gave all the money the Governmnt had to the French and British and once again, Completely fucked over his own starving population.

• A Dark past, Easily, A Dark past can be used as a warning tool, To make sure it never happens again, We learn from our mistakes as a Species.

Whereas a Massive National Debt, Makes Millions Homeless, Starving, Causes wars etc...

Why do you Think the US invaded Iraq claiming that they had WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction), And then almost Magically, Whilst the Invasion was still taking place, American Oil Industry began operating in Oil fields behind the Advancing American army?
      And then surprisingly, After invading Iraq, Destroying its army and leveling its Cities and Emptying its oil fields, America declared that there were infact no WMD's, And they swiftly left Iraq.

All so they could get more Oil to help the economy...

Yeah, the US really is not handling its debt well mate...

• Sounds like you found an interesting newspaper too.

We did not get the oil ourselves. The people we were buying it from started selling it cheaper. I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly why, but it was probably the fear of dying.