Why must Christians be forced to accept homosexuality now even in our churches?

In Ireland a referendum has started so that same sex mariaage can happen in churches, most notably the church of england has passed this law
This is inanity, i am all for equality, but the gays were more than happy with their civil partnerships, why are mixing them with christianity?

they have nothing to do with the church, catholic churches seem to like the idea.

It doesn't surprise me, that many priests and popes are secretly gays and homos, but catholics ain't real christians anyway

Most Helpful Guy

• surely the wicked prosper, and even when they test God, they get away with it.

What Girls Said 18

• no one said u were forced to accept it.
    i mean it is happening in churches, and even though it's not accepted, the principle of christianity is love.
    yes i admit it can be hard to separate acceptance and love, but i think we should just allow God to work in the lives of his children in his own way. all we should focus on is loving them.

• see you pro-gay liberals are a joke. You're saying saying nobody is forcing to accept it, yet people are being forced to accept it. Also how dare you use the Bible against actual Christians when you don't even know the Bible or are actually Christian. You people are hypocrites, bigots and completely ignorant. Homosexuality is sick, unnatural and anti-life. You're just a sheep that has been fed propaganda by the communists to take part in the destruction of our peoples culture and ways. Its about weakening us. You are so simple minded you don't actually understand the entire scheme that is going on. I mean actually JUDGE what your ideology.

• That does age have to do with being a jester?

• not at all, but at least u know ur trolling :) @nathand

• I looked into it, and as far as I can tell, churches won't be forced to perform same sex marriages.

It doesn't really seem like any Christians are being "forced to accept homosexuality now even in [our] churches".

• @jacquesvol - I do not know of any monopolies on marriage in Denmark, but in the US marriages can be civil, where a Justice of the Peace performs an actual marriage, not just a civil substitute for marriage. Also, there are many churches that fully accept gays and will marry them, and there are churches that are made up mostly of gay people. And I am referring in all those cases to Christian churches. So the idea of a church having a monopoly is strange to me. I would not like a Law in which the state directed that a religious body (church) had to include anything as a part of its religious teachings, which requiring the churches to perform gay marriages would be doing. If there is a way for gays to have a true marriage outside of the church, then the state has no business telling any church what its rituals must include. that would make as much sense as telling Muslims that Christian communion must be offered in their mosques.

• I don't know about Danish law either but in scandinavian countries they have the concept of "State Church" (often banned elsewhere in the West since the French and American revolutions.) "Of all the religions in Denmark, the most prominent is Christianity in the form of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Denmark, the *state religion*. " (Wikipedia) If it's a state religion, that religion has to accept the state's rules too.

• There are many churches that support gay marriage. There's a local Christian church that avoids marrying people until everyone can get married.
    So basically many of these gay people will probably go to the church that celts their marriage but it's just saying that if get do it's now legal to get married there

• "Catholics ain't real Christians"? They're half of all Christians. I know and respect many of them.

I've been to church with them. They got Christ. You don't apparently.

• Catholicism is a work of paganism roman, evil inner workings and satanic illuminati conspiracys, in 1776 bavarai, germany.
      Adam weiuspaht planned to overthrow and inflintrate the catholic church with his illuminati group, the group was no longer found to this day?

• They're probably one of he oldest Christian denominations.

• 1776? B. S.!
      The 325 CE counsil of Nicea was Catholic.

• Marriage isn't for just Christians dummy, I could get married if I wanted so why can't homosexuals?

• Because it's in a Christian church, marriage is a traditional deep rooted in judeo-christian beliefs, if gays want to get married, why can't they makeup their own religion or cult or somethin...

not destriy ours

• @jacquesvol buybull... oh that is GENIUS!

The asker seems to think marriage is only for heterosexual Christians and no one else.

• Christians accepted and protected pedos during centuries but gay adults are too much? Strange.

• Honestly, I'd rather your churches stay closest to the books as possible. You'd have much less members that way.

But since you asked.. I believe your churches have to accept homosexuality to not alienate the younger members, in other words to not lose more members.

• Christianity does not reject gay people because it is in the bible to accept everybody irrespective of race or believe. Its a few people in the church that introduced this type of racism under the general principle "divide and rule"

• Could you give more insight on WHY you feel that Christians should not be forced to accept homosexuality.

• its unnatural...

DERP!!

• You don't like gay marriage? OK. Then don't have one.

• OK but that still doesn't justify or back up the point. What makes it unnatural?
      I think the argument is pointless without valid points rather than statements.

• The whole point of marriage for many who are religious is so that you can be joined together under the eyes of God (hence, the church). I don't think it's fair to deny gay couples that if they are religious too.

Besides I have many gay friends and the majority of them have said they would choose not to get married in a church anyway because the church is the main reason they have been shunned by society for so long throughout history.

• Get @skadouchebag in here

• He said that Catholics aren't real Christians. Those kinds of Christians are fundies nine times out of ten, so I don't think anything I say could change his mind.

• That is, the kind of Christian that denies the validity of other denominations (despite the relatively marginal differences between them) is a fundie 9 times out of 10.

• @Skadouchebag fundamentalists indeed... and they're ignorant too.

• No one must be forced to accept something they don't believe in.

• If I'm rejected for thinking different, I won't cry over Human Rights, telling I'm being discriminated.

• God said we are not allowed to judge... so that't it.. you can be any religion you want to be

• We aren't, if your church is doing that you should find a new one

• Because you can't be allowed to be assholes, that's why.

• the end is nigh!!!

seriously though, the end is near... I for one am ready for God to destroy this planet.. it is terrible and they all should be ashamed of themselves...

I agree with you. It is ridiculous.

• because they are just people...

• Its the think of the future I hate it too

• @lime_rampljuset
      I don't believe in Christianity. Yet I'm forced to accept it's presence.

• Because God is the judge not the church.

What Guys Said 21

• You're not forced to accept anything.. Where are homosexuals pounding down church doors to get married? They mostly just want the same legal rights as heterosexuals. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean that certain groups should have less legal rights. I don't believe in any religions but I believe in someone's right to worship those beliefs. It's called tolerance.

• Tolerance is allowing homsexuals in our churches which is fine, they can be part of the church community, but must make a effort to change...
      Same sex marriage in achurch is blasphemy, if jesus were here now, he would let the gays in and let them enjoy the church service, but would condemn them for their sinful lifestyles

• @illusive_man what?

• Its the government. Not the homo's in general.

Once we allow the government to take over. When and where do we draw the line.

• The first Christians were Catholics!

Luther 10 November 1483 – 18 February 1546) was a German friar, priest and professor of theology who was a seminal figure in the Protestant Reformation.[2] Initially an Augustinian friar, Luther came to reject several teachings and practices of the Roman Catholic Church. He strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God's punishment for sin could be purchased with money.]only 'created Protestantism by protesting against multiple (95) catholic practices he considered wrong (and who were certainly not Jesus-like.
    It was the start of religious wars in Europe .

• What grudge do you have against homosexuals?

• where did you get this info from?

That's incorrect.

• Not all Christians despise homosexuality, several popes were gay. Benedict retired with his friend Gay-org Ganswein.

gawker.com/.../farewell-to-pope-benedict-and-his-rumored-secret-boyfriend-a-handsome-young-archbishop

• I support gay marriage because everyone should have a right to be miserable but I don't support people forcing themselves into a religion that their belief actually says what they're doing is a sin

• If you don't like going to a church that accepts homosexual marriages, don't go to that church. I'm given to understand that ISIS has a church that doesn't like homosexuals at all.

There are of course twists and turns when it's the state religion, but still. You're not required to take part in gay weddings. If you don't like them, don't have one.

• Christians aren't being forced to conduct same-sex weddings (yet, anyway).

But, they are being forced to serve gay people in bakeries and so on.

The problem is, neither most Christians nor most of their pro-LGBT opponents properly understand rights. Christians want to force gay people not to have their own marriages. And LGBT activists want to force Christian bakers to bake gay wedding cakes. Both positions are wrong. and for the same reason.

Christians are experiencing the fact that the advocacy of rights violations can and will be turned against them. Interestingly, some LGBT activists have also started to experience that now, particularly on the issue of 'Islamophobia'.

• It's done to weaken the stance and positions of native folks in order to have more carnage during future civil war in Europe .

• You're 100% correct. But NOT just in Europe . In ALL White countries such as Canada, America, Australia, New Zealand... this Multiculturalism is a scheme to destroy western nations.

• @jerseyboy1234
      Well, not ALL. We actually put a fierce resistance and I'm very proud when liberals dislike us for it :)

• @jerseyboy1234
      it is sad. but I agree

• If some churches want to perform same sex marriages why can't they? And no not all gays were entirely happy with civil partnerships. Atheists dont believe in God, should they be banned from marriage too?

• So if your're an athiest, why are you getting married in a church?

• Oh, and you follow every rule in the Bible then? Or like seemingly every other Christain do you pick and choose which parts to follow, because by that definition no one is a true Christain unless you live your life by it100%.
      As I said there are paedos, gays, cheaters in all walks of life and the church is no different, never has been and and never will be.

• We did not marry in a church: our marriage happened in the Town Hall. But if homosexuals want to marry in a church, why not: there are more than enough priests who are gay.

• its apart of the gay agenda that you nutcases (not you directly) has allowed to take over society.

Its not fair for people to have to give up what they believe for someone else. I find it hypocritical. But these gay activists only care about themselves.

they push this gay thing in our face every chance they could. Its frustrating.

You can't even give a non-insulting opinion without getting attacked.

I gave my opinion on another site of not approving of this gay agenda and I was booted off of it. Shows how free speech has never been valid.

• I don't accept it I actually stopped going to my church because homosexuals were there. It saddens me because we are basically teaching them lies, making them think that if they accept god into their hearts that they can go to heaven. When the sad fact is as long as they practice homosexuality they can never enter heaven. And that makes us horrible people who giving them hope when it's fake, and I can't be part of that.

• Because you're not living in America. This would not happen in America because of the way our law works, (I'm of course for gay marriage but not for forcing churches to house the ceremonies if it's against the church's beliefs).

And Catholics were the first Christians, but I digress.

• Boo hoo, we aren't even allowed to be bigots anymore, within our own walls. The laws of the land actually extend to church property. Has the world gone mad?

• Cause even homosexual people... are children of God.

• The sexual abuse of young children compared to two consenting adults...
      The murder of another human being versus two men or women in love.
      Forced sometimes violent penetration without consent, against a relationship consisting of the same gender.

Not entirely sure how you can compare homosexuals with murders rapists and paedophiles...

• Yeah I don't know either, suddenly he jumped to that topic xD

• You shouldn't have to be forced.
    It is not a place of business but a PRIVATE palce for like minded people.

That being said, it is sad you are disdainful of your fellow human beings.

• If your church leaders say you have to accept it you have to accept it or go to another church. They're your church leaders and are the authority for your religion.

• i really don't care how people like to have sex with, but why shouldn't they get married if they want to?

• As a Christian, I've decided to act Christlike by accepting and loving all people.

• Christainy is all about love or people regardless of there flaws. While the church doesn't like homosexuality , they have to deal with it.

• No ones is forcing you

Find a new church. Plenty of homo-hating churches still out there...

• Communism.

• Well it weird in one church denomination in America to Keep numbers up they allow you bring cat and dogs and other pets for share communion. So man try to change God Law. But Jesus Laws are not changed and will never be.

• In the Bible, God prohibited eating shrimp and pork. Good Christians shouldn't eat shrimp or bacon or pork cutlets.
      In the Bible, God said to circumcise men. Good Christians should get rid of their foreskin.
      In the Bible, God said to kill people who work on Sunday. Good Christians should kill a lot of people.
      In the Bible, God said to kill people who pray to other gods (admitting thus there are many gods!)
      Good Christians should kill a lot of non-Christians.
      In the Bible, God said to kill children who don't obey. Good Christians should kill a lot of kids.
      In the Bible, God said to kill witches and sorcerers.
      Good Christians should kill a lot of people.

• Total number killed by God in the Bible
      - Using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364
      - With estimates: 25 million
      - See more at: dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.be/.../...-bible.html

• Haha rid the bible really say that? Also God made adam and eve not adam asnd steve. If Gays were meant to be then God would made two men or two women and Not man and women.

• Why do these rules only apply to Christianity and never Islam or Hinduism or Buddhism? That's what I want to know.

• it'll happen eventually.

it will only be time until a gay muslim makes the media.