In most cases, why are girls far more supportive than guys?

Like if a guy is gay for example, more girls tend to be supportive than guys. Why is this?

0|0
4|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Because, and this has been documented in early childhood behavior, men are more geared towards competition (Being the "alpha male", and seeing other men as a rival), whereas women are more geared towards cooperation (Working towards a common goal, and seeing other women as teammates).

There was an early childhood study where sociologists noticed that on a playground, when you watch a group of children play a game, if the group is male, you will see them start the game immediately, and then when an issue arises take sides over who is right and who was wrong, where in a female group, you will see them lay down an agreed set of rules before starting, and then when an issue arises, it is often settled quickly and looked past for the sake of the group.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• With homosexuality, girls do tend to be better. Women are usually more compassionate.
    In basically all other things though, I don't think there is a difference between men and women and the support they show others.

0|0
    0|0
    • if a guy dressed like a girl, do you think both genders would react the same way?

• Can't say I've had much experience with seeing that type of stuff, but we had a guy at my high school that cross dressed (I think he had the surgery later on) and he really didn't have support issues from either sex.

• coz gals r more emotional ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree. Women are often kinder than men, but men are more dependable.

Women will be serially kind to complete strangers, then forget they ever spoke to them.

Men might be less open to new people, but if they accept you, you're set for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think its because of nurturing. Females not all but most have natural nurturing skills.

A kid falls mom will end up hugging him for him to feel better

A kid falls dad will only ask if he's okay and say get up.

0|0
    0|0
  • because his guy friends are less understanding for some reason, or he tends to tell his problems easier to girls instead of to guys so girls tend to help more, because they're able to, idk?
    Not all guys are the same, same for girls

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Because women are more emotional and look into the meaning of things far more than stereotypical men

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because a guy personally doesn't want to have gay sex, if he supports it he fears people will think he's gay. It's less of a big deal if a girl is a lesbian in societies eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are biologically more compassionate, therefore we are more apt to try and make everyone "feel good". This is why we have so many support groups and campaigns where we constantly want everyone to "feel good" about themselves, even when we don't really believe it.

Guys on the other hand are less apt to lie as a means of protecting a fragile ego. They are more straight forward and care more for telling you what they mean rather than fake something for the sake of your feelings.

There's a saying:
    Girls compliment each other and don't actually mean it.
    Guys insult each other and don't actually mean it.

I like the way guys act over the way girls act. It's less fake and fluffy and more honest and straight.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's in our nature to be that way. The motherhood gene maybe. Lol

0|0
    0|0