Have you ever tricked someone about your age?

I really want to buy ciggerettes just to try them. But I'm scared because what if I get in trouble.

Also so because everyone tells me I look 20 online... And everyone that knows me tells me I look 13. Maybe the eyeliner ages me, but I don't care because I like it. So I don't know how told I look.

Can't you guys out two and two together?

I'm scared of getting in trouble because I don't know how old I look. If I don't look a certain age the person wouldn't give them to me or ask me for my ID. Which wouldn't work because it would have my birth date on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cool story sis.

• Can't you put two and two together? I don't want to get in trouble because I don't know how old I look and if I don't look a certain age I wouldn't be able to buy ciggerettes

• Hahahaha nooooo you thought that I'm talking about you, I'm sure lol

• No I swear I didn't haha ;)

What Guys Said 10

• weren;'t u sayin that people pass u as 30? o_O

• Nope. I didn't need it.

• I know why

• I think

• Back then cigarettes were sold to all ages. And I patiently waited till my 16 to see my first soft porn movie (=only boobs, no 'action')

• when I was 16 I used to try and pass for 18 to buy beer. (Back then the drinking age in NY was 18). I tried all kinds of things. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Cigarettes? Well they could be bought at any age back then.

• Not anymore... And now people have to be a certain age

• not a doctor as in a physician, I have a PhD in Molecular Biology

• Still... That means your smart

• Dude. Don't try cigarettes. The smell is nasty and they're horrible for you.

• You don't buy cigarettes to try them.. You ask your friend smoker for one.

• My friends don't smoke

• Don't smoke, it's fucking disgusting.

• There is nothing called "once" when it comes to nicotine...
    I tried it when i was 12 ,,, 2-3 hours later i felt like i needed some more cigarettes.
    I do not smoke , and i never will.

• But then what did you do when you wanted to smoke again?

• I just couldn't cuz my parents were at home and they wouldn't allow me to go somewhere alone (outside the house) . So i just sat there thinking about it. But you can go somewhere private and do it so you might get addicted to this thing n stuff... Listen u just dont need this thing at all !

• Addiction favors no age. Just prevent yourself from trying it.

• lol no.

cigarettes have an interesting flavour but it gets boring after a week or so

• I just don't want to become addicted and die

• hahaha true

drink milk.

• While* I mean

Typo.

Yeah I should do that.

• u wil not get away wit it u need id right

• Yeah but If I look older it's likely the person won't even ask

• That sucks... That's exactly what I'm scared of

• dont do it

What Girls Said 9

• I've only tricked people to assume I was younger than I am. Here in Finland, at a certain age you have to pay a higher price for bus/tram/train tickets (don't remember what age though lmao, I think it varies idk). Anyway, I've told people I was younger to get a cheaper ticket. But that's all. I've never used fake ID or anything like that to get cigarettes or alcohol, I think that's lame.
    Here, if a person looks like they're under 30 or something, the cashiers always ask for ID. Even if you look older than 18 (which is the legal age for cigarettes and some alcohol). Save yourself the trouble and buy cigarettes when you're actually legally allowed to do so. There's no need to start destroying your lungs now.

• Yeah I changed my mind like 20 mins ago. I don't want to smoke anymore lol

It was just a phase I guess, a phase that lasted less than 45 minutes

• Oh yeah, just try cigarettes out of curiosity. There's no way you'll regret that in 10 years. What could go wrong?

• Life is funny. At 16, I was able to just walk my way into clubs. No ID. At 28, I went to pick up some beer for my partner and my Dad for the footy that night. I was asked for ID. My Dad had to come in from the car and buy the beer for himself. He thought it was really funny.

• Lol yeah life is Funny. Maybe you look younger now

• My sister looks really young, she is in her 30s and teaches high school. She is often mistaken for a student.

• I wish I i look young when I'm older

• Lung cancer?

Don't try it.

Curiosity killed the cat.

• The cat was killed out of curiously.

• Thank you :)

Like there's street smart and other smarts too

• Never ever smoke a cigarette, it could become an addiction from the first try. I know, you're curious but disregarding that curiosity is the smart thing to do.

• Yea I have. And u lose all your trust once someone find out Ur real age. I've tried ciggerettes, they suck.

• Really? How old did you say you were when you lied? and what happened?

• Did they ever trust you again? I mean... It's been 9 years

• Took awhile like 2 and a half years, it was slowly but surely

• If you look under 40 they have to ask for your ID anyways soo..

• Really? I've never heard of that rule

• But sadly someone said that here too so maybe it's true

• No. I don't really see a point in lying about age. And you don't like 20, but that's just me

• Yes the heavy eye liner makes you look more physically mature than you are now.

I don't trick them. They assume I'm a certain age. :P

• Well ofcourse because you can't be mistaken for a child anymore I'm guessing

• Is her dad huge?

• No but he's normal and on the chubbier side