I can't stop arguing with my dad about gay being a choice. help?

every so often me and my dad argue because he believes its a choice I've spent my whole life trying to change to be straight. i can't change and i believe its not a choice I've tried everything to change. i can't and i can't stand others talking like it is esp in my place of living. it drives me nuts im pro gay rights my dad is against it and i can't stand it its all about christianity, and i think its insane thinking. its driving me nuts.

Most Helpful Guy

• stupid... yer dad's just an ol relic and nothing more...

be yerself bro, and let him yappin ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I think you have to give up on convincing him otherwise. Your dad sounds stubborn and close minded. It is incredibly hard to convince such people. It's just the way he was raised and the people he grew up with that influenced him to be the person he is now, you can't even hope to change that in 1 or 2 conversations. Christianity tends to be irrational.. Arguing with irrational people rarely works...

• Don't have your sexuality be the main topic of discussion anymore.
    Anytime he brings it up , just don't talk about it or ignore him.
    You are who you are.

• but its such a political topic here in america.

• Your sexuality shouldn't be anyones business but ur own

What Guys Said 5

• In Ireland we are voting in a referendum for same sex marriage today so the choice/born gay debate has been going on - Personally I am fully convinced that people are born gay.

• i am bi and in the closet, would have major issues if i came out... way it is for some

• i wish i hadn't come out as bi. it makes life very hard.

• it does which is why i haven't, i would rather be straight as well

• Some people just can't be convinced. Sorry to hear that. It sounds tough.

• You have conversations about sexuality with your dad?

• well its more over gay equal rights you know.

• I never really cared what my dad thought about gay rights. But that's just me.

• just give in lol

• not possible

• i can't. he knows im bi. i can't ever take that back.

• wait ur not even gay lol what