What's worse: Racism or Sexism?

Racism = Constant Lynchings, burning on a stake, racial harrasment, beatings and many other homicidal acts. Everyone, including women and children suffer from this. However, men probably suffer from it the most.

Sexism = Sexual Assaults, Domestic Violence and sexual harrassment.

• Racism
    10% (2)23% (6)17% (8)Vote
  • Sexism
    5% (1)15% (4)11% (5)Vote
  • Why do one of these two have to be more or less worse than each other?
    85% (17)62% (16)72% (33)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|10

Most Helpful Guy

• You would think I would vote C), but I voted B). And I can justify it.

Racism in itself is bad, sure, but certain elements of culture that are prevalent in a particular population of a particular "race" ARE associated with their given race. For example, Arabic people are more likely to be Islamic than a Finnish person.

Sexism however deliberately links arbitrary personality descriptions and skills to a particular sex, for example that males are all stoic assholes and females cannot drive, or aren't good at math. Random, is it not?

I stand by my vote, which is that sexism is worse.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's pretty culturally insensitive and genderly insensitive to negate from the pain, injustice, and toxicity of both racism and sexism.

2|0
    0|0
  • That's a tough question, but I'd say both are equally bad.
    Hating another person for who they were born and what they obviously can't change is horrible

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• both of course... but if i had to choose... sexism.

i feel bad when some guy considers his gender superior :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Theyre both discrimination

0|0
    0|0
  • Both suck.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both are terrible so it would be hard to make that sort of distinction, it's a sad fact that both exist and exist prominently at that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your descriptions aren't exactly accurate. Both are just certain forms of harrassment and have nothing to do with racism or sexism.

Racism = treating people differently because of their race
    Sexism = treating people differently because of their gender

0|0
    0|0
  • all prejudices are bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're both bad, but since sexism rarely ends with anyone dead or seriously injured, I would have to say racism is worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shit the third option was not in my perspective

0|0
    0|0