Without religion would we have still have equal rights problems?

it seems to me that religion in general is the reason for not having equal right. what do you think?

0|0
2|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. If you took religion out, we would still have all our problems. That's the irony of it all. It's never been about religion. It's been about power and control, and religion is a tool used by the powerful to control where they can. "Religion keeps the poor from murdering the rich" Napoleon.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:28

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think it is religion at all , i think it is culture and traditions

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• No I do not agree. As long as what you feel is your rights and someone else feels it infringes on theirs there will always be in equalities. But it never ceases to amaze me as to how much crap religion gets on this site

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion may seem like a factor but it really isn't.
    It's tradition of a country or state.
    Look at Hitler, what he did Jews, Gypsy, and homosexuals, was not fully religious based, it had to do with his thinking and manipulation power. He just wanted to blame them because they were different.
    Look at the religious group FDLS, there leaders were nothing more than attention seekers who wanted power not because of God, but there own personal need. They literally kicked hundreds of young men from there group so that they could marry off more young women to elder men. Marring off young girls to men who are old enough to be their fathers. It's sick.
    The Crusades were in the name of religion but it had more to do with wanting more land and power.

0|0
    0|0
    • well the only argument for anti gays and anti feminism is because of religions like the bible its where it originated from. anyone who has a argument for it says that.

• What u say is true but it does have to do with how your brought up such as traditions.

• Religion certainly isn't innocent but I don't think it is the whole reason - I think there are other social, political and economic reasons as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nature and biology itself is a pretty good reason why there will never be "equality" as SJW's demand.

1|2
    0|0
  • There may be fewer problems in some areas where religion is practiced to an extreme degree, but treating people differently according to how they can be grouped is a phenomenon common even to less civilized animals. And secular countries in the modern world have plenty of racial stereotypes, especially in the Far East.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we would. Everyone wants to feel more important than other people, and some of the religious views are effects of that. Not the cause.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its very easy to blame everything on religion.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. It's in our nature, to exclude and segregate as humans. It may not be a good thing, but it's what we do. Without religion, we'd find other ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh there will always be problems with equal rights and people will actively seek out new ways to make them. Class, religion, color, shoe size, etc.. We cannot blame one thing for every problem in the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • human nature is the problem

0|0
    0|0
  • more problems than that bro

0|0
    0|0
  • what equality means in ur prospective?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because many great philosophers who aren't religious don't believe in equal rights. Plato and Nietzsche aren't Christian, and they opposed equal rights for all. Nietzsche actually argued that the idea of equality comes from Christianity.

And many people who aren't religious don't believe in equal rights. Affirmative action denies equal rights, but it's supported by many people who aren't religious.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope. Gays are a mistake that Darwin will eventually fix.

0|0
    0|2