Why there are not many American New Wave/Synth-pop bands?

Although there r many 80s American alternative rock/AOR/hard-rock/metal bands…. there were only a few 80s American new wave/synth-pop bands

Particularly The Cars, Blondie, Missing Persons, Wall Of Voodoo, Berlin, Talking Heads, Devo, Information Society and Animotion r the only American bands that could b classified as new wave or synth-pop.. and maybe some more, who are less known…. so I wonder y there are only a few in US, whilst in UK most of the bands from that period were new-wavish more or less?

@ashbrown

Most Helpful Guy

• At that time, I only used to follow British Music. Most stuff from US did not appeal me (at that time). US was mostly listening to what we call Classic Rock now. These new wave and synth pop mostly got popular in Europe . Now, my collection of Classic Rock and Soft Rock and Hair Band Rock and Arena Rock is far larger than the British stuff from that time. We all go through phases and different type of music at every phase. In the last 5-6 years, my preference has moved 75% towards the new country music.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0