Can suicide be justified?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't believe some people said no. You must not have experienced a living hell. You know some people are in CHRONIC pain or have chronic illnesses, some that are incurable? Imagine EVERYDAY just being alive hurts, there is no OFF button. You can't sleep. You can't function. You can't work. You have a headache every single day.

There are plenty of people out there like that, suffering every day. You're sitting comfortably in your home saying there's no reason one should kill himself? You just haven't experienced or even seen true suffering you pampered ass motherfucker

What Guys Said 14

• Only if you're taking a grenade to protect a loved one from getting blown away. Or something similar.

• Well I am a pre-med student in Slovenia and I personaly think suicide can NOT be justified. life is beautiful. for some people it might be hard but it gets better.

When you feel like giving up, just remember the reason why you held on for so long

please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• To save the lives of others?

Here is an absurd example.
    https://youtu.be/v-fBruIPPxs

• I think that if we have a right to live, then we have a right to die. If somebody wants to be done, then that's his or her decision. And it's about the most personal decision that someone can make...

But for me, "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem", or domething like that...

• Yeah, because you can't live for others. At the same time, you're pretty much going to ruin the lives of your loved ones, so it's an asshole move.

• Yes, but almost all suicides that actually happen are not justified.

• Oh yes it can be, there is act in Oregon Washington and Vermont were terminally ill patients who want to end their lives via medication called can, the act is called Death with Dignity. There are also specific situations were suicide can be justified as in the very sensitive case of the 9/11 incident, the people who were stuck would rather die instantly rather than being burned alive. It all depends on the situation, these were examples where i believe it would be justifiable.

• Nope, I don't see any reason why would anyone kill themselves.

• yes.

if the human wants to die, let him.

Life is no more than a big cancer that doesn't end until you die... i think.

• I think so to a degree though.

• Who knows, the one committing suicide definitely doesn't care.

• You can understand sometimes choosr suic

• I believe it can be.

• no. cause its the ultimate at of pride. you become god in the place of God and decide when to end your life forcibly... .

What Girls Said 9

• yeah, i guess. its ultimately up to the person who commits suicide. if they feel unhappy, or have a reason for why they feel like they don't want to live anymore, then that's their choice, their decision, and their life. it's kind of no one else's business. as sad as it is, and in some cases unnecessary, some people feel like it's something they need to do. in a way you have to respect that they don't want to be alive anymore. it is really horrible and tragic, but it's part of life/society kind of.
    so yeah i think it can be justified, in certain situations.

• Then why do people force me to live?

• If anyone even suspects then they don't let me. I shouldn't have to live if I don't want to. Like for example, in December I tried and the cops ended up coming to the house to talk to me and possibly make me go to the psych hospital. It's like they won't let me.

• if you don't want to live, you certaintly don't have to. i'm not gonna give you tips or pointers on how to do commit suicide without getting anyones attention, but there are definitely ways. and if it hasn't happened yet, maybe it's not meant to be. your time will come when it's ready.

• No, there is no reason I can think if to completely give up like that. There is always hope, always a chance to get out if the situation your in that isn't suicide. There is so much in life that killing yourself is just... Foolish..

• The only person that can justify it is the person who committed suicide. They went through enough pain for them to believe taking their own life is the only way out.

• I believe it can.

• If you feel like you have no other choice then maybe, but it's very hard to justify even when the circumstances are dire

• Yes. (Filler)

• No, never will; no matter what you think.
    Either you believe or not, it's a sign of weakness.

• Most suicidal people have gone through more shit than normal people would experience in five lifetimes. I don't think there is anything weak about it.

• Is it okay or right? No.
    Justified... Maybe. Mental illness is extremely hard to deal with

• Yes it can be.