Why do some guys think they can control women?

I am a strong indepedent young lady. I do not need a guy tot ell me how to take care of myse, f that is a big no no. I don't have to shave, I can wear my hair messy and I do not always have to be dressed up. I do not know who guys think thye are to try to control women. I could not put up with that. How do some women do it? Someone over my head 24/7 telling me what and what nto to do or they're gonna dump me. Smh.. please

Most Helpful Guy

• they r just smartasses... they think coz they r smarter they can use the gals like pawns :)

• Who says they are smarter...

• @Azara
      "They THINK"
      Emphasis on think.

• Lol ohh ok so they think they are smarter and they think that " bc they are smarter"...

;)

What Guys Said 8

• Whatever.
    Ignore those ass clowns.
    However, just cuz a dude doesn't like leg hair doesn't mean he's a controlling jerk ;D

• Ha you better tell him that you have a will too
    I find it stupid to be ordering your partner around.
    I want to ask them this...
    Why not let the women you chose for be herself, instead of shaping her to your image, you chose her in the first place...*no logic!*

if they're threatening to dump you over such a thing, you should dump them...

• There is no question here, this is just a rant.

• "Why do some guys think they can control women?"

• Followed by a rant making it completely clear that this is nothing but rhetorical, and invokes no public forum.

• There was a question and given that a large percentage of men and young men do indeed verbalize their belief that they have a natural right entightlrmrnt to control women, it's a legitimate question- not a rant. She asked a question and gave her opinion as to the state if things. That didn't negate the question it's still there.

• Its kinda a natural thing for guys. the "dominance" although its getting less prevalent because of the advance of the human species.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• For a independant woman of how old? What kind of car do u drive? Job pays you how much a year?
    How much is left on your mortgage?

Did you wear that thong I told you I like today?

• It is what it is.

• Oh god a strong independent woman rant

• guys don't care about you either with that shitty attitude.

What Girls Said 6

• I agree. Good for you. And I don't know of "why" really matters anymore. The important thing is to reject it. in my opinion.

But as to why many cultures rear women and men with double standards benefit being on the guy and nsny guys are simply raised to think it's their place to control women this stereotype constantly being reinforced by media and gender roles socially acceptable vs punishable behavior.

• I just can not. That's too much stress.

• Thanks for posting I'm so exhausted by seeing so many young women ask how they should this if that or if they are allowed to do... Instead of just stating who they are what they will do and being proid of that:)

• No problem ^_^

• Preach, girl!

• Thats just the way the world is, but it's slowly changing. Go woman!

• It's stupid one sided "discussions" like this that makes people hate feminism.

You aren't talking about "men", you're talking about juvenile assholes. You're comparing the actions of boys in the middle of puberty to the actions of grown adults. This is like asking why women are all shallow bitches based only off the fact that a guy got stood up once on a date 10 years ago.

• This is not exactly a good analogy as there actually exists a world outlook that until recently favored domination of men over women... And in many places still does.

• And in those places there are just as many bonuses to being a man/woman as there are setbacks. Regardless of gender we're all brilliant, and we're all douchebags. The fact is that our current culture is stressing the focus on women's issues, so we see them more and more, even though there are just as many issues everywhere else.

Don't get me wrong, life used to suck for anyone who wasn't a white man, but neither of us were alive when that held true. I terms of current treatment, we're pretty close to even. Yeah, there are those dickheads who say a woman with a blackeye just means she didn't listen the first time, but there are plenty of gold diggers, false rape claims, father's rights issues, and subconscious favoritism that the media doesn't focus on too.

• Only teenage boys who taught them " the ways of the world" teenagers? Does thiight come from within our ken brain? Is there no social fabric whatsoever we just live in bubbles and produce pure thought?

• coz their mama and their papa told them so.

• Some guys feel like they know more and get paid higher than a woman. So then they feelook that they can have control over any woman.