Her brother says she doesn't want my number. Is he telling the truth or does he not want me to have it?

I have a crush on a girl in my church. Her brother has been a good friend of mine for over a year. He is a trusting friend who has all those good qualities and all that with everyone. So he is a good loyal friend in general. So anyway lately I have stared at her a little and she has noticed it. We haven't really got to talk that much though. But she's been catching me staring at her and now she looks if I stare at her. She's been trying to see if I look at her and I now catch her with an eye and she has a small grin. She has started to glance at me a little more and I started to see her looking at me first. Then Sunday I decided to ask him for her number. He looked at me with that creepy kinda freaked out smile face and said "Whyy". Then I just went "uh... I don't know, cuz..." Then he started ooohing and all that and then we just left it at that. Then this week I asked her brother for her number on text, actually I texted him the day before I asked in person and he didn't see it until 3 days later and this is the conversation.

------
What's ****'s number?
------3 days later
Pass
Pass what?
On giving you ****'s number.
Why?
------9 minutes later
Because she doesn't want me to
ok
Because she doesn't really know you
ok
------
So that was the conversation and I'm kinda questioning if that actually happened when, or if he told her or he made it up. I felt really embarrassed and I decided to text him 20 minutes later.
------
I feel embarrassed now
You dont need to be
------
So then when I saw them again me and her did the same thing with the glancing, with some smiles and some not. So did he tell her or does she not even know and he made it up? We were still pretty good friends with me and him and it seemed like nothing happened with me or her. So could they be pretending or forgot about it if he did tell? What do you think most likely happened? Any opinion is fine, and y'all can be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should ask her for it in person, or actually start a convo with her and get to know her. Of course she doesn't know you if you never talk. And tip: Don't ask other people for her number. I wouldn't appreciate it if other people gave out my number. If you can't ask her for it yourself, you probably shouldn't be getting a girl's number.

What Girls Said 3

• I would just ask her when she's alone.
    "How come you don't want my number?"

• You need to ask her yourself. I wouldn't trust the brother because No brother wants their sister dating their bestfriend

• I have no idea. There are 3 possibilities.
    1. She is not interested in getting to know you.
    2. Her brother is overly protective of her and he didn't actually tell her anything.
    3. She is interested but her brother doesn't want to give you her number.

What Guys Said 4

• guess i told u before... her BRO is the one who doesn't like u not her ;)

• Ask her yourself if you're unsure

• dude... if you like her. talk to her. You're story was kind of creepy to be honest

• how am i suppose to know?

Do you think I'm barry allen?