Have you ever cut anyone out of your life?

Who was it? Why did you do it?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because they made me feel like shut all the time. I've been contemplating doing it with my best friend. We have somewhat of an unhealthy relationship and although I love him dearly, we have been going through a lot of things that have been weakening our friendship. I want to stick by his side, but he keeps hurting me. :/

• i recently cut one of my best friends out. come things are just for the best

What Guys Said 7

• I had a aunt that i cut out of my life all cause she was gossiper

i don't like gossip it's the work of Satan

• yeah... a boring jealous former friend of mine :(

• No, I haven't.

• Yes my dad and my ex. Both were awful.

• Yes, I cut my step-father out of my life.

• girl that played me because i was rich

• Mainly friends and coworkers who treated me poorly. Life is too short to keep losers in my life. I haven't cut any family members out of my life, although I have been tempted at times. :-)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I have a few times. It was a bit hard in the start, but after a while it felt even better than I thought it would. It was like a weight lifted from my heart :)

The first one was an old best friend of mine who I realized wasn't my friend at all. As long as I can remember she's always made mean comments about my appearance and personality, but I had no other friend at that time. I'm glad that I finally cut her lose.

The second one was the first guy I loved. He treated me badly, broke my heart too many times to remember and made me feel like the person I was wasn't enough. I finally realized that I was only in love with the person I thought he would be, and not who he really was so I cut all contact with him. That's one of the best things I've ever done, actually, because it made it possible for me to be happy again and find my loving boyfriend who I love more than anything :)

The third one was another good friend of mine and it's a long story why I cut contact with her (it was more or less from her side too). We'd just grown apart and weren't good for each other anymore. I do miss her sometimes, but then I remind myself why we cut contact in the first place.

I also cut contact with a guy friend who was in love with me because he couldn't accept that I wasn't interested and just wanted to be friends.

• My ex. He was a depressed, egotistical douchbag.

• Of course. Who hasn't? Sometimes relationships fell apart and you cannot do anything to save them. Sometimes you also leave a part of yourself with them.

• Yes, my dad. Because he was abusive my whole life.