Do you think a college degree is the key to making a lot of money in life and being succesuful?

okay i dont have a college degree. i have a learning disability which makes learning impossible for me and i barely got by in highschool in special ed classes. so i worked for four years after high school making roughly 75k a year. i inherited a large sum of money at 22 and moved to nyc and bought myself an apartment and worked for a little over a year at a comic book store mainly because i knew the owner. now my one dream in life is to open up a sports bar. i have rougly all the money i need to do it i will just need to borrow money from my fiancee and my family and take out a bank loan. now i have the opportunity to open up my sports bar in semptember i have a location already picked out. and everything however starting the bar would cause a lot of stress on me and my fiancee and it would be a lot of long hours i would have to work. now i have a job interview this Tuesday and if i get the job i could easily make a 100k a year. the job dosent require a college degree buts its reccomend you have one. now my fiancee currenley has a college degree but the job she has working as a makeup artist dosent require a college degree and she is very succesful at what she does. and makes more money than i do. now going back to school currentley is something i am looking into and my fiancee has offered to tutor me and work longer hours to support me through college. now i dont have that much real life experience i have never been on a job interview before and only got my two other jobs because i knew people. now i am looking into other jobs such as a personal trainer, a receptionist, a bartender, a car salesman, a real estate agent and a teachers assaint. now the problem with finding a job is i dont have a college degree and dont have much of an impressive resume and dont know how to do a job interview or make a resume. now my fiancee has offered to help me with both but do you think a college degree is the key to making a lot of money and being succesful because if it is then im fucked

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at the Forbes 100 richest list. The vast majority of those billionaires have no college education.

You tell me if it's important or not.

• Those are the exception to the rule. Your average Joe would be better off getting a degree than taking a chance on not having one.

• The average joe can't pay off his college debt. The money he spent on college would have been better spent on a startup and self-teaching.

• Opinion Owner dont be naive. Obviously college doesn't always equal success, however if it is properly formulated (in most cases it is), the average student will have much more opportunity to be successful then a non college student.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• Not the key but... it certainly helps. The important part is what skills and knowledge you have gained from earning that degree and how you will benefit future employers.

• Nah.
    Some places do require their employees to have a certain degree so they'd get paid more though.

• It smooths the path, a college education makes finding a good life easier but be prepared to a lot of hard work and dedication to get a wonderful life without the aid but you can do it.

• No, it's not.

• It's not the key, but it does help.

What Guys Said 7

• didn't read but what degree? it has to be a degree with economic value or else you're wasting time and tuition money. (Business, computer science, engineering, healthcare vs. arts, history, English , political science, psychology type majors)

• no way... just a college degree won't make u rich ;)

• Everybody have a college degree these day. You are gimping yourself by not having one.

But I disagree that you NEED a college degree to make lot of money. You want to have one, but you don't need it.

• Read "The Verger," by Somerset Maugham. You will find it if you Google.

• My brother didn't go to college and he's rich

• what does he do for a living

• The degree will help, but isn't totally necessary.

• 100k isn't shit in nyc. Get the degree