What's your gender insecurity confession?

My gender insecurity confession is that I used to enjoy watching one of the old Cartoon Network shows, The Powerpuff Girls (a cartoon show supposedly intended for little girls) as a kid. There I said it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to watch that show too, and I'm not shamed to admit!

I don't know if I can call this 'gender insecurity', but I always have this lingering feeling that I'm not 'good enough' for women so I don't approach them or ask them out at all, because I know they'll reject me anyway.

• The funny thing thing about the Powerpuff Girls is how they have a lot of dirty adult jokes (like many other cartoon shows of that era) yet it's intended for little girls.

• But it was a great show! Also, show like Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo etc. I still watch those shows occasionally!

Yeah, a lot of adult content in a subtle way. Best example is the mayor's secretary, who's cleavage is always shown!

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone watched The Power Puff Girls! They are just super heroes! I mean I'm not ashamed for liking Spider Man! My boyfriend watched The Power Puff Girls and sometimes we watch it together because it's a damn good show! haha
    I used to wear boys shirts when I was like 10-11 because they had Spider Man on them and I'm not even sorry! I was part of the after school "construction club" in middle school and there was not one boy in that club even, just me and a bunch of other girls and the glorious band saw! And they let you have all the free wood and primer and paint and sandpaper and screws you wanted! The only boy that ever showed up for that club was just waiting for his girlfriend to be done. We made bookshelves and chairs and random cut outs of cartoon characters it was super fun! My grandma told me it was a "boys club" but I didn't get it because there was literally not even one boy in the club! It was just fun it never even crossed my mind that it was "manly" to do woodworking, I just knew I was good at it and it was fun! When you are a kid you don't know you are supposed to spend all your time carefully following these unwritten rules of gender, so I say fuck em! do, watch, and wear, whatever you want!

• Yeah. The thing I really liked about the Powerpuff Girls are some of the characters. Some of their personalities actually reflect real life people's personalities (omitting the super powers). The stories on the PPG TV series are compelling as well.

• yeah I agree! Lauren Faust made some quality stuff that wasn't dumb-ed down like other kids shows! I watch my little pony too I told myself not to but then now I'm in season 5 hahaha If you ignore the creepy "bronies" and stay away from the weird "fandom" the show it'self is really funny. But also oddly thought provoking for a kid's show. One of the newer episodes touches on the themes of Utopian societies and communism, this one pony is trying to make everyone the same but it really just takes away who they really are and makes them miserable.

• Wearing boxer shorts

• I don't have one.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't have any because I don't really give a shit. I'm a guy and there's the line. It's not like knowing the lyrics to Tom's Diner changes what's in my pants.

• i used to fill my underwear wid tomatoes so it will look bigger down tehre o_O

• Never been insecure about my gender.
    I was and will always remain a heterosexual cisgendered male since I came to this Earth.

• No shame in that man, everything on Cartoon Network at that time was the shit.

• Power Puff girls was an awesome show!

• I like the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast

• I like anal play **shrugs**