Why do really smart people think they're the shit?

The ugliest of smart people think they're better than everyone else.

It's almost funny.

If it weren't despicable.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because that's their specific way to feel more important than everyone else. Hot girls use their looks, guys with huge dicks use that, people who are amazing at sports use that. We've all got something that we point to to say "see, I'm not average".

• On the money man.

• duh? it's just a matter of understanding

• Well I'm not an understanding person. I don't tan well either.

What Guys Said 4

• Not all smart people think they are better than others. Some are and typically they tend to be quite socially awkward

• I work with these types lol. It's because their entire lives they were taught to compete academically, so they think of themselves at the top now that they've performed well.

• Well, you don't seem much better than them in the personality category if your attitude in this post is any indicator. Plus, intelligence is the most valuable quality to the advancement of mankind, so the academic elite have a right to be like that if anyone does.

• The 'academic elite,' are money-loving, selfish, good for nothing except showing how smart they are towards others.

A small proportion of the academic elite actually choose to use their intelligence for advancement of mankind.

Most of them use it to get money, get a great education that they can use to feel better about others, and get as much recognition for their intelligence as possible.

• sounds like you're a little mad there hun 8)

• Of course I'm mad.

80% of them are assholes.

The 20% who aren't, are truly respected by me.

• You talk as if YOU are better than them. Do you think this?

What Girls Said 3

• What smart person are you referring to? You are grouping them altogether.
    Not every intelligent person lacks looks and personality if that is what you are saying.

• Haha that's funny XD

• How do you know they THINK they're the shit? :o

• answer me trying hard madafakals

• gross face im waitin