Getting baby to sleep?

My sister works night shift, so I babysit my niece while she works. The problem is my sister sleeps until about noon, so her baby does too. The baby also takes a nap from four or five to about six thirty. She usually goes to bed around nine thirty. Lately, I haven't been able to get her to go to sleep at night because she isn't tired at bedtime. What can I do to get her to go to bed?

Most Helpful Guy

• The baby is getting too much sleep most likely
    the only thing you can do change her sleeping pattern
    maybe change the way she takes her naps too.

What Guys Said 3

• Have you tried laying down with her? That often helped young ones realize it time to go to sleep

• My parents used to take me for a car-ride around the block a few times, I'd start yawning and nodding off, then they could carry me up to bed. I still fall asleep pretty easily on long car rides (especially at night when it's softly raining).

• Good luck i have no idea

What Girls Said 3

• Give her warm milk, and a pacifier. Rock her until she falls asleep.

• Turn the lights off and leave her in her bed. Get her some milk too. She'll be sleeping in less than 30 minutes. that's how my little sister used to go to sleep when she was little.

• Cut her nap short and okay with her when she's awake her her tired give her a bath and some warm milk out her to bed