Paid a psychic over 1K to help me 'fix' my relationship and now I regret it, what now?

I made one of the dumbest moves financially that I've ever did.
Long story short: My boyfriend and I are breaking up because he says that HE wasn't happy anymore, not just in our relationship but in general. I was devastated, I couldn't imagine not being with the man that I love so deeply and losing him to another woman so I consoled with a psychic reader. This woman has glowing reviews from clients and she was very warm, kind and welcoming. She did a tarot reading for me like I wanted and told me both good/bad news. Her accuracy was amazing. She knew things without me even mentioning them to her. It was truly a relief to me. She then mentioned my boyfriend and how there is another woman coming in between us which explains his careless actions and that this woman (his friend) is evil and has always been jealous of our relationship. I believed her. I always felt a sense of jealousy on her part and the psychic even explained her personality correct. She basically told me that this woman went to a witch dr to make sure my boyfriend and I end our rrelationship so that she could work her way into his life. The psychic told me that there was a dark cloud of negativity over me and that if I wanted my relationship to work and become myself again I would need to pay a whopping $2,500 for candles imported from Brazil, crystals that were blessed and to give her items like photos of the two of us and she'll pray over them to ensure we reconnect on a spiritual level. I already paid her $50 for a palm reading and told her I'd give her $1000 to start. I was hesitant, but I really wanted my ex back as I was very vulnerable and stupid.
Days later, something told me to do some more research on this and found several stories regarding my EXACT situation from other people who said that it's a scam and it doesn't work. I also don't feel any different, and at this point, I don't even want my ex back anymore. I don't want to pay $1500 to this woman. Im afraid she'll do something if I don't pay her. What should I do?

Sorry for the long essay. I just really need some advice. I really fucked up and I feel awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm probably to young to be on this genre considering i'm not favorably skilled in financial business but I guess I could say i'm in sort of a similar problem (or at least my parents are) I joined this volleyball club and they promised several thing in the contract my parents signed and they failed to keep their side of the bargain therefore me and my parents thought it was fair to leave and not pay the 400 dollars a month we vowed to pay in the contract. Obviously these cheap liars brought in the "bad parenting" and "your daughter is a quitter" bs and threatened to sue my parents. Long story short, if you didn't sign some kind of contract you didn't literally vow to give her this money. I'm sure there is a way out of it, i'd stop showing up, if you already payed you should consult with her about it and if she doesn't agree to give you back your money (which is likely to happen) i'm not sure if i'd sue her, that takes a lot of time and work, but try threatening her to sue her if you consider it. These scams are serious, If it doesn't work out, i'm sorry! Its extremely hard to earn money but maybe this was a lessen for you possibly of what to avoid and not to avoid when it comes to certain people.

• Thanks. I didn't sign a thing. I'll just want to talk it over with her in person. I don't even want a refund. I'd rather have given her $1000 than to waste another almost $2000. I simply just want to leave it alone and move on with my life. It amazes me how many scam artist are in the world and how much money people waste by believing in these false advertisements. People also have a tendency to manipulate you and make you feel bad if you don't give them YOUR money. It's pretty sad. You can't really trust anybody.

• Thank you. Bless your soul as well :)
      Thank you for the Mh by the way

• You're welcome.

What Guys Said 1

• She can't do anything to you if you stop paying. She is powerless to hurt you.

Or to help you. :(

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe all the prayer was worth it. In the end you no longer want him. Amen for freedom!!! Don't pay her. No biggie

• The power to say No is sufficient enough. Get the cops involved if she threatens your life.

• Most fake psychics usually tell you something about a dark cloud or energy you have around you... Sorry you are in this situation. A real psychic wouldn't charge you for her help. Help is the easiest thing you can give someone. :)

• Hi, that is extremely unfortunate and it is truly horrible when people scam other people especially when they know a potential 'customer' is in such a vulnerable state. I am a spiritual person and I tell you now learn protective meditation, pray if you are religious especially protection prayers. She will most likely use black magic or threaten you, ignore it please she doesn't deserve another cent of your money. Do not give it away out of fear, you are more powerful than this! Namaste

• Thanks. I will tell her today.

• Ello there, @Anonymous! :D Are you still active on GaG? I have a question you may be able to answer. I'd ask but don't know how to put it into words just yet.