Anyone that drinks wine?

Anyone have any recommendations on brands and types of wines to drink? I'm taking a hiking trip with a friend in a few days and were not sure what type of wine to get because we don't drink it often. So tell me your favorites!!

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't know much about wine at all, but if i'm not mistaken, i have had barefoots pink moscato. it's "sweet and bubbly" and easy to drink. ^_^
    i've also had this Roscato Rosso Dolce sweet red wine. it's a red moscato, and it's sweet and kind of fruity. also pretty easy to drink. i tried it at olive garden and we picked up a bottle at the liquor store. thats the only place we could find it.
    images.vivino.com/.../1372913220_9146_375x500.jpg

What Guys Said 5

• Red wine, because you won't be able to keep white wine cool unless you find a stream to immerse the bottle in or something. Consider getting it in a carton instead of a bottle - lighter and won't smash like a bottle.

Since you don't know much about wine, get something a bit sweeter.

• Lol the wine will be at the cabin it's not going with us on the hike.

• Awwww... having wine by an isolated mountain lake sounds awesome!

Anyway, I think you should aim for something sweeter. Not TOO sweet, but then I prefer dry wines.

White and Rose are now an option if you have a cabin with a fridge ;)

• Any Cabernet from Napa Valley will be a hit, you can't miss. I hike and drink wine, but never at the same time :) also Argentina Malbecs are good. For white Pinot Grigio from Italy is great and doesn't hurt you the next day.

• lol, hiking and wine drinking?

I'd probably have water instead, lol. But, if I was going to have wine hiking, I'd have a light white wine, like a Riesling, or a blush wine, like white zinfandel.

• i've only tasted red wine... ok good taste, but... i felt dizzy :S

• no not really

What Girls Said 3

• I like merlot for a red and Pinot Grigio for a white both are better warm than cold.

Chloe is what I got the Pinot in so good loved it and merlot I get that in a lot of brands but I had fox horn last night so good.

• I like red wine.

• Barefoot Moscato (The Beginner's Wine), it's cheap @ Wal-Mart, but good :)

areyoubeing.files.wordpress.com/.../...to-wine.jpg