What is the point of waking up from the Matrix?

The Matrix feels 100% real right? So why wake them up? I mean if every human wakes up they'll end up building the same damn world that they virtually lived in. There will again be good and evil people just lie in the virtual world. You still have the same freedoms in the matrix just like in the real world. The only real difference is that one world is 1s and 0s while the other is made of atoms. Screw Neo!

by the way Zion look like it smelled like sweat, steel and ass. I'd much rather live in the matrix and help the machines.

• I'm on the machines side
  • I'm pro Neo!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you understood the movie correctly then if you want to stay plugged in.
    The matrix is a dream world that is invented for humans while you grow.
    When the machines need you they pluck you out with one of them claw hands and liquidate your body to use as energy!
    You are a Duracell battery waiting to be drained, you chips a great side to support bro. 😂

• I understand that but the matrix is just a reflection of the real world. Dream or note it feels real so it's real to me.

• @asker well yes it is just a 'reflection'.
      And depending on who you are in this reflection you might love the illusion but at any time that illusion will be over when they pluck your capsule out and turn you into fuel. 😋😇

What Girls Said 4

• If the alternative is a world where Keanu Reeves is our saviour - I don't wanna wake up. Just unplug me now.

But I was just thinking about this the other day, fuck waking up. Why do it? Their lives are shit and they don't appear to have washing machines. No. Thank. You.

• 0|0
  • it is okay - you can take the blue pill.

• I always thought that!!!

What Guys Said 8

• The whole point of the Matrix was to make you comfortable enough that you wouldn't want to leave. You aren't 'helping' except by being livestock to them.

• personaly, i'm inside da machine..,,, i'm a man-machine 8)

• What got to me, even in the first film, was how the "good guys" were pretty much indiscriminately killing people still plugged into the Matrix.

• Like the old men in Inception who spend all day in the dream world. Interesting point.

• Nobody in the matrix is happy.
    You're supposed to see that haha

• The red pill tastes like shit, take the blue one.

• I would totally wake up if it meant I could do some of that stuff neo does

• The matrix was a dystopian society. A false paradise that's nothing more than a prison.