Why do some white people want to use the n-word?

I honestly dont mean this in a bad way, and I hope no one starts arguing or calling names. So no negativity please. Of course I'm not reffering to all white people, but if you have a friend or if you are white and want to use the n-word cause your friend is black or whatever, why do you want to? Why is it so important that you get to use that word?
Again no mean comments, and please exuse my english*
Thanks!

Where I live there's like 3 black people in my grade, yes we use the word towards eachother and some of our white friends uses it also, and at first we didn't think much of it, but then it became a habit and when we tell them to stop they won't. It's annoying
So we stopped using it, but the others didn't

Most Helpful Guy

• they just think it's kewl... although actually it's a bad word, even among blacks in my opinion :/

What Guys Said 9

• That's a highly sensitive word to African Americans and virtually everyone in the USA knows it so people that use it are insensitive trouble making jerks

• You mean nigga, right?

Black people start a lot of trends, I guess this could be considered one of them. The way it's used now has no racial context, it's just another term for "dude" or "bro"

I say it a lot too when I'm with my friends.

• If it's racist for me to use it, it's racist for EVERYONE to use it.
    Stop perpetuating the use of a derogatory word.

• I never use that word, it's an awful, awful word.

• I don't know why. I've never used it. I don't like to disrespect the people around me.

• Never ever use it unless you are a black rapper

• 15 years ago that word was just about dead. Thanks to rap and an increase in racial tensions due to the splitting of America along racial lines for political gain, the word is back.

• If u don't want it said why say it? Oprah would be on the war path if whitey came up with a word to call each other but black people were forbidden by political correctness. We only had one black guy at school called carl. We used to call him black carl because we had five carls in the class and the nickname stuck

• It's either derogatory or to fit in with their black friends who use it.

• But, if the person does it to fit in, and his/her black friend says stop, why won't that person stop?

• Because they're inconsiderate and/or stupid.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know why. I guess it has become an expression. I'm black and I don't even use or like that word.

• It's So Degrading. No One Should Use The N Word. Even Jokingly.

• they are racist.