Avarage party in USA?

So we all have seen those American movies where teenagers throw a big party when their parents aren't home. And yesterday I was at a party. I live in Belgium and when a few teenagers become 18 they throw a party yogether and everyone may come (ofc you have to pay) it was a party of 1200 people. Most party's are around 1000people where I live. So my question is: What is the avarage of people at a party in America?

Ps: It's nit a house party. We don't do these here. Teens get a big party place for one night and everyone may come. Even people they don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never been to a party with more than a couple hundred people, but none of the parties I've been to were anything like the movies. Basically, you'll see a dance floor with a bunch of people grinding, a beer pong game or two going on (that are usually just played with water), and then everyone else is just standing around talking/smoking. The best parties are smaller where more people know each other.

What Guys Said 11

• Well in the US, as you state that the party is just "when their parents aren't home", this party most likely won't be as big because it isn't a celebration over something. So starting off, not as big as that party (wow that sounds HUGE).
    Then there are other things that may make the party larger or smaller. Such as size of house, how popular the teenager is, maybe how wealthy the family is, and the largest factor that is just how many people are invited.
    "Party" is loose term. Some view "party" as also a gathering with alcohol/ other drugs. Meaning like 10+ people? Or it could be a "party" (New Years as a recent example) which could be a couple hundred tops (at least from my school). Other schools could be bigger. But in those movies, one such as Project X, they aren't like that just "if the parents are out of town" like over the weekend or something.

• Those movie parties are the exception and not the norm and a large party would be 100-150 kids.

• BS... i believe both in US and worldwide... most parties have at most 20 people... AT MOST ;)

• https://youtu.be/M11SvDtPBhA
    PARTY IN THE USA!

• The house parties I went to in college had at the most 50 people. Some have been bigger, more have been smaller.

• 1200 people? TF? That's not average. That need a lot of logistics.

• Shakin my hips like yeah noddin my head like yeah

• 1200 is a lot of people lol.

• like 200 idiots. Maybe more.

• If it's a literal big party and not a house party where teens try to avoid the cops so they can get wasted and have sex... I don't think we actually have big parties like that for people your age... College kids on the other hand do that often. How big depends on the college, the place, the amount of beer and various alcohol (weed can be included), and on how many people actually show up. I don't think it's over 1000 though. To be honest, anything over 100 is pushing it.

• I tought Americans were wild when it cake to parties. Altough people here don'y have sex. Only if they have a "afterparty with 2" xD people here basically drink, dance, smoke and smoke weed (not everyone)

• Movies usually say that, and in some cases it's true. But for the most part, parties are just an excuse to get wasted and high for free. There's also the occasional mishap or issue, which usually ends with someone wanting to kill someone else.

• 6 people, 7 if you're really lucky!

What Girls Said 7

• Lol who cares. Who knows.
    That is WAY too many people to be inviting to a home. Chances are not all of those people respect and care enough about the party thrower to even help clean up or not be total slobs. Once you start inviting people in the hundreds, it's obvious you're just doing it to have a popular party rather than to have a fun, respectful gathering where people enjoy each other's company.

• Okay but it's not a house party. Teenagers who just turned 18 hire a place for one night, you get free drinks. And everyone may come if they play a few euro's. Most people from around the town come. Because you just don't go to a party where you don't know anyone. And not one person throws this party. Like 10 people throw 1 party.

• or several people are trying to sound cool for throwing the party. Over 1,000 is WAY too many people. Typically in the U. S., there are only that amount of people when there's a legitimate event going on like a festival or fashion show. You may get that turnout at a beach but typically, people in America aren't desperately fishing for high numbers when they throw parties.

• We aren't fishing for attention : here it's avarage...

• I never been to those parties haha! Unless it was a school party that doesn't count hahah! Maybe someday! lol!

• Your average party in Belgium is 1200 people? Like a house party? :O That's a lot. Here in Britain, we'll have up to 30 in a house party.

• ... certainly not that many holy crap. Not for a house party, at least.

• Nono, not a housr party we don't do these here. They get a big place for one night and everyone may come

• Biggest party I've been to was about 300

• Like, 100 people. I want to go to a party thats like the movie ProjectX.

• It's not like the movies that's for sure.