I feel like I come across as more intereting then I really am?

so i feel like im making myself more interesting than i actually am sometimes... because when i first meet people i smile a lot, i talk a lot, and just very easy going. BUt for some reason i only do that the first or second time i meet someone, and after that im way more quiet, i dont really have much to say...

It really depends on the person, but for the msot part i am like that. I feel like the guy i was seeing kinda felt "cheated" in a way, because when we first met i was really flirty, and fun and social, but after that i didn't really have that much to say.. or when i did it was weird stuff lol... At the end of the day we didn't have anything in common almost, so it wasn't only my fault.. but still

So how to stop doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You've worded this as a problem, but to me it sounds like you just have a knack for making great first impressions. I think @That-Guy has a point. At first everyone is interesting because you know nothing about them, so it's totally novel. But as you get to know them, you find they either do or don't mesh with your personality and values. I think this is how most sorting algorithms work. As you get more information, it becomes easier to categorize and make decisions. For example, when picking apples at the supermarket. Most apples will look fine, but when you start turning them over, you'll see more and more bruises and blemishes. I wouldn't worry too much about it; I don't think it's all that strange. Next time you think it's happening, just ask the guy (as he's on his way out of your life) if he felt you were involuntarily deceitful.

What Guys Said 2

• That's okay, you like meeting new people and it's exciting.

If you find friends and people who match your personality, you'll keep it going.

Dates work the same way, i've been on dates where the first 2-3 dates are fun and we're both talking but then things fizz as we realize after the initial "what do you do for work" questions fade, we just don't have much in common.

• then don't act like dat witth people u hardly know... be open, only towards people u know very well :)

• its hard.. because i want people to like and want to be my friend.. its really not something im aware im doing... while doing it

What Girls Said 1

• Same ! except i'm the opposite.
    At first i am really quiet and mysterious which makes me look "interesting" then i get to know someone and i start talking to them about my life and they find out that i'm not as interesting as i looked like..