Why is it okay for women to be fat?

Why is it worse for a man to be fat and not a woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm personally fine with anyone being fat. But some douche bags in society absolutely refuse to befriend a fat person-who knows why? But its just as bad for either sex, maybe even particularly women. Women tend to be way more self conscious than guys are about their body, so its torture for a woman to be fat, but I know for sure that guys can be just as self conscious too. But apparently, some guys like curvy woman during intercourse, so maybe its a bonus for women in some cases. If you're overweight, when you work out or something, instead of doing it for other people like "oh more girls will like me now", think: This is for me, I deserve to be healthy.

What Girls Said 8

• Life's just not fair.

• I've never heard of that one before.
    I see plenty of women getting poked fun at for wearing bikinis when "they shouldn't"
    Yet I see bigger guys walk with their shirts off all the time without getting any shit.
    Not saying it never happens though, this is just what I've seen.

• ... Says who?

• ashley graham and meghan trainor and no male representation in the media

• but at least you have people trying to stop it, when there are people saying how fat a man is there is no representation

• Men are not as sexualised as women are, you are way less judged by your looks. There are so many famous men who are overweight, it's just that they don't care that much to talk about it, nor people care about it either.

• um... What paranormal universe are you living in?
    It's STILL not okay for woman or anyone for that matter to be "fat"

• you have women in the media like ashley graham and meghan trainor representing fat women

• There's a massive difference between something being "Okay" and something being "unhealthy".

It's perfectly fine to be fat. It doesn't hurt anyone else but yourself and it doesn't break any laws (minus Laws of physics perhaps).

If you think that being fat is not "okay", you need to sort yourself out guuuuurl media.giphy.com/media/QrVYYE7wD5CXm/giphy.gif

• It's going to be one sad world for you. :)

• Why would it be worse? it's just the commercials and media that give less skinnier people that feeling, but there's nothing to worry about :/

• well women can have fat stored in the right place... men usually dont have fat anywhere for it to go...

• I guess it depends on which country you're from. Some cultures do prefer women bigger (like as a sign of fertility... think Venus of Willendorf), whereas others judge women if they are a bit overweight.

Not saying men have it easy, though. But it seems women are more accepting if a guy isn't an Adonis... look at the "dad bod" trend going on now. Some like it, some don't, some women want a chiseled muscular guy, and others rather go for personality. It's all subjective.

• it's not okay for either gender.

What Guys Said 10

• personally i like many chubby gals... so np :D

• No fat chicks allowed

• It's OK to be fat whatever gender you are... it's not a healthy thing though.

• on which planet? Certainly not Earth

• Because this is the era of anti-men.

• You're living in a different world my friend... it's not okay to be fat for either men or women.

• you can't tell the feminist what to do or think.

• Lolz, whatever.

• I think the word of the fat acceptance movement is "curvy" lol, you mean curvy right?

• I suppose it depends on who you ask. Obesity is a problem regardless of gender; it's not healthy.