Why are Softballs' hard?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Because it doesn't want to conform and chooses to not join the shaft. :X

• Would you play a game if it was called hard ball?

• Cause reasons

• Don't know. Why aren't there grapes or nuts in grape-nuts cereal?

• ironic ain't it?

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know. But what I've always wondered is why girls don't play baseball. They play basketball; they run track; they swim. What is it about baseball that they can't play it? I'm not talking about playing with guys, but just girls' baseball. Why do they have to have the bigger ball?

• Man, I swear I've said that same thing about this topic. Since both balls are just as dangerous as the other 1 ( a baseball flies off of the bat faster though I'm guessing), pitching would be easier (more variety). Heck overall it would just make more sense for them IMHO. But hey I ain't complaining. ^_^

• Because the inventor of softball had the evil plan to confuse everyone, and thats why he called the hard ball: 'soft'. Nowadays everyone is soo confused cuz of that, everybody is stressed out, nobody knows what's reality anymore and what's imagination!!

.. Orrr the original ball of softball was soft, and they realised a soft ball is unpractical, and thus they replaced it with a harder ball :)

• not as hard as basketballs 8)

• I like meatballs more

• They're squishier than baseballs. They would still hurt to get hit by but no where near as painful as being domed with a baseball.

• Because they are hard.
    xD

• They're from backwards town.