Most Helpful Guy
What I love:
- Being able to come up with lots of funny jokes... especially those silly "old-men jokes" that you used to get embarrassed about when your dad made them and now you make them yourself. Women are such stern and serious beings... I feel like I would get a depression if I was a girl (of course there are exceptions).
- Related to number one: that I kept the child in me alive and well
- that I have deep voice (I like to sing)
- having a beard
- being more easy-going about certain things than girls
- not having a period
- that I don't have to wait for hours to go to a public toilet
- that my mood doesn't easily get affected by bodily needs. I can go for the whole day without any food (which sometimes actually happens) or hold back my pee for several hours without losing my temper. If my girlfriend can't eat within 1 hour when she's hungry or pee within 5 minutes when she's gotta pee, she gets super cranky.
- if I'm lucky, I will look old and wise when I'm 60. Women who are 60 just look old.
What I hate about being a guy:
- All the stereotypes and gender expectations I have to put up with. This is one of my major pet peeves in fact. I don't like beer and I really don't care about cars, guns or soccer. I'm also not very good with tools. Does this mean I'm less "manly"? Unfortunately, many people still think so. If my girlfriend fixes the TV or the computer (which she is very good at), my guy friends say "that's really cool she can do that!" but if I tell them that I do our laundry, they just look at me and go: "what the heck man? Have you turned into a girl?" There are many more stereotypes like these.
- When a woman is overweight, she's still considered feminine (and in some cases even hot/attractive). If a man is overweight, he's just considered either a creepy fat man or an asexual, nerdy dude.
- Always having to do the first step if I want to get to know a girl
- Not being able to express my deep feelings of friendship to another guy (cuddling, kissing on the cheek etc.) without being considered super gay
- Having it much, much harder to get sex from a girl who doesn't know me. If a girl looks more or less decent, she can go to a club any time and have a 99% chance to have a hot one night stand that same evening. If I'd go to a club and asked girls straight-forwardly for sex, they would either consider me rude or creepy or just not take me serious.
- if I play with some children on the playground, I'm automatically considered a pedophile.1