Is it weird to feel bad that my life turned out to be so much better than these people and also is it weird to feel bad about forgeting these people?

okay before my friends and my fiancee came along i hung out in an autistic support group and these people are good people hard working succesful people with college degrees and full time jobs. however these people are very far behind socially. non of them have ever had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl before and they are all over 25. and we would hang out every weekend from the time i was 18 to 20 because i didn't have any friends but them. i liked them but i was scarred of ending up like them and i remember one of them telling me i would never get married because i was autistic. anyway from 20 to 24 i put more effort into myslef i lost 150 pounds i got more social training for my aspergers and got a dating coach. then i was able to make more friends and got the courage to ask my fiancee out on a date. now last Thursday i went to that social group that i went to from 18 to 20 the person who ran it invited me and my fiancee to come speak on it and give dating advice and we got a lot of great questions like how do i approach a girl and how do i ask a girl out and then we got some sad questions like whats it like to kiss someone or have sex. and then i was accused of being less autistic because of the fact that im engaged and have friends. now i just feel bad that my life turned out so much better than theirs now im not saying there lives aren't good and that my life is better but these people were almost upset with me that i am now engaged and stopped hanging out with them. they just dont get that i am trying to help them learn how to get and keep realtionships. i worked really hard to end up where i am right now i made the effort to lose the weight and get a girlfriend and get friends that took me years of hard work and trying all i was doing was encouraging them to try more and show them that just because you're autistic dosent mean you can't have friends and have a girlfriend. is it normal to feel bad about forgeting about these people. or did i forget where i came from and what made me who i am today did i forget about being autistic

Most Helpful Girl

• You should be proud of yourself for taking control of your life and doing the things that would make you happy. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone will go through the same things. I don't feel like you should feel bad for the way your life is turning out. I guess it's a bit normal for them to feel abandoned by you tho. Especially if you stopped hanging around them and then all of sudden show up with your fiancee and all. Maybe they feel like you're showboating. Who knows? But you shouldn't let that make you feel less proud of your accomplishments.

What Girls Said 2

• People grow and move on, especially around your age. Some will stay single, some will get married and some with marry and have children. Everyone moves at their own pace and regardless of their ailments you shouldn't pity them. Everyone has their own path and sometimes we lose touch with our friends but then later on reconnect. Are you forgetting them because you don't want to be associated with them or because you've simply moved on to follow your own path?

• it's a bit weird.

What Guys Said 3

• don't feel bad bro... be prou d of yer efforts... i've lost 130 pounds in da past as well... u should b proud of it ;)

• That question is damn too long, can't read it entirely.

• Really, its not impossible for an autistic guy to get a girlfriend? Are you really serious?