Religion: Do you believe in it?

Do you beehive or disbelieve in religion? What's your outlook and why?

Believe*

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i do.

Why? Because i came to this belief based on reason and logic. Christianity provides a coherent basis for trusting our cognitive faculties as reliable sources for discerning truth. An atheist materialist belief system doesn't provide that, in fact it pulls the rug by which its own belief rests on. Evolution pretty much contradicts naturalism. An atheist reductionist aapproach to knowledge pretty much shuns any capacity to understand the world sufficiently.

It dismantles scholastic meta physics, sociology, history, science etc in favour of atheistic reductionism, materialism and scientism which shapes its beliefs rather than the other way around.

Logically i can be a Christian and believe in reason precisely because I'm a Christian. There is in fact contrary evidence against atheism than supporting. Part of what made me become a christian was the historicity abs abundance of data

Or as c. s Lewis put it
    "“Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It’s like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can’t trust my own thinking, of course I can’t trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God.”

- C. S. Lewis

Something that's been widely recognised in biology for centuries now.
    https://youtu.be/z3CsCOAl2KI

What Guys Said 11

• My beliefs are based on the bible but I rarely go to church but when I do its to a nondenominational church. So I don't know what that makes me

• If you look at the very simple things about God and Jesus, everything is easier to understand. A simple piece of paper took weeks if not days to make back in the year 1, so what was written on it had to be important. Men spent their entire lives just writing by hand the message and word of God and Jesus, this is how important he was at the time. My parents took joy in walking down the same streets as Jesus and wallking into his tomb.

The fact that Jesus mother had 3 more sons, who's now have descendants who now are kings of 4 different and the 4 wealthiest countries on the planet. One of their countries have much of a milatary and all are protected by God. These countries have no crime, every child has a father, free health care, free water and electricity, minimum wage is $100,000.00 if you have a college degree, no taxes, just to name a few.

There are so many speaking points, but look at the simple. If one were to look at electricty and Air Conditioning are taking the principals of the bible and making them mechanical. The struggle between good and bad and the absence of God.

For me it is simple, I understand quantum physics and have seen the sun rise twice in the same day.

• I am not religious and have no problem with those who have faith and those that don't - I have personal view of right and wrong. I try to live by that view as much as possible.

• yeah i believe in pork religion 8)

• Yes and Catholic.

• I believe in religion I am pagan and have had MANY experiences that prove that the unseen exists.

• You don't believe or not belief in religion overall. You either believe or not believe in a particular religion being the "true" faith.

I am of the attitude that it doesn't matter.
    There are morals which should be universal and that are independent of any deities.

• what do you mean? do you not watch tv? religion is very much a real thing. yes i know its odd as its 2015 and not 1430 but its true

• I'm sorry I didn't put enough detail but I mean do you believe in any type of religion or are you a nonbeliever? And what made you make the choice to believe or not believe.

• Jehovas witnesses and other types of religions don't teach there kids about father Christmas or celebrate birthdays etc but okay!

• no, jehovas witnesses came to tell my parents that everything is gods will 3 days after my sister passed away. those aren't people.

• Yes, why not, may as well for today. Tomorrow, fuck if I know.

• In religion? You mean in a deity?
    No, I don't.

• I believe it exists but I don't subscribe to it.

What Girls Said 2

• Religion isn't good.

• I believe in spiritually.