Do you think I'm hopeless if I don't have a passion at 24?

I'm not passionate about anything, and don't know what to do with my life.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, you're not hopeless.

Try this. Write down 100 dreams. Let your imagination go wild (write down all 100! Don't stop at 10, or 50, or 99--100, period!)

Then choose the top 20, the ones you find especially interesting.

After that look at the 20, and narrow it down to 5.

Once you have 5, ask yourself "if I wanted these to happen, what steps would I have to take for it to become reality?" For each of those 5, write down all the steps you can imagine you would have to take for them to happen.

If you wanted to fulfill one of those dreams in a year, for example, what would you have to have done in six months? 3 months? 1 month? 1 week? What would you have to do today?

Do that for each dream--set a deadline for when you'd like it to be reality, then break down the steps and set deadline for each step.

Then just do the steps.

Passion will develop as a *symptom* -- because that's what passion is. A symptom of deliberate action. The action comes first--the emotion comes second.

Give it a try ;)

What Guys Said 6

• hahahah not at all... i'd say u are kewl 8)

• Maybe you just haven't found out what interests you yet.

• Hey I just turned 27 and my office job is boring as fuck and I don't know what I want to do long-term lol. You're in good company, lots of people are that way.

• Take your time and figure out what interest you. You have no rush you are only 24

• no you're not hopeless. just spend some more time thinking about it

• Yeah, oh well, you've got plenty of time to grow old and die.

What Girls Said 1

• You still have time!