Any tips on how to run a bar and what kind of bar would you like to go to?

okay i have good news the bar that i want to open just got its liquor liscense approved and i got the location picked out and i have a family friend agree to help me pay for the remaing expenses. i have put out help wanted ads and i could have this bar up and running at the latest by next December. now its a very compative buisness. and 3 out of four bars fail their first year. and i will be working long hours and won't get to see my fiancee that often and that will be hard on me. but if my bar is succesful it can be a very good buisness. now do you have any tips on how to run a succesful bar and what kind of bar would you like to go to. what things would attract you to a bar. and what would make a bar stand out for you and make you wanna go there

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a great staff. You need people that will serve great and talk a little bit to a customer but they need to be able to jump from one to the next. Don't hire a talker they will just talk to one customer forever and keep your customers waiting
    Don't drink your profits ever. This is how most bars fail when the owner sits in the bar all day and drinks without paying.
    Most small business won't make money until after the 3rd year. Understand operating at a lose it ok in the first few years. You are sticking more money into than receiving usually. Because of updates. You say December I am sure you probably want to change a few things. Maybe it needs new siding. Etc.
    Have daily drink specials.
    Get locals to come back.
    Advertise. Use softball teams to advertise a bar. Whatever you please just get your name out there.
    Have converts if you can.
    Have pool tables and darts. Maybe tournaments of whatever you like. Your goal is to get people through that door.

What Girls Said 2

• Just make it fun!

• Is it going to be a gay bar?

What Guys Said 3

• That sounds fun. I would say you should not drink any of the alcohol, hire people who have good people skills to keep customers coming back, maybe a few games like pinball or pool table, pick out a good theme depending on where you live, make sure people are relaxed and having a good time, also try to go for young adult crowd because they would have more money and less ubnoxious. That's all I got.

• an 80s bar bro 8)

• Yes, don't. You clearly lack the skills.

• huh what do you mean by that?

• He's jealous, ignore him

• Exactly what I said; you are asking random individuals instead of getting local options relating to the target demographic. You've the business sense of a gnat.