Anyone ever gotten lazy at the last grading period (either in school or college)?

For instance, I already have A's on practically every subjects (even math). With this last grading period before the school year ends, I can afford to go as lazy as get even C's on the subjects by not trying too hard and doing mediocre work and my final grade will still be an A.

If you're in that position is it still worth to even try very hard on the last grading period (even when you know it's going to still be a high grade)?

So what you all think... should I play dumb just this time and not put my full potential or still give it all?

Or will college also look at this? Of me purposely getting lazy at the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's usually the opposite for me.

What Guys Said 3

• hahha those periods were my favs coz skool was ending!

• "I already have A's on practically every subjects (even math). "

Why did you specify "even math"?

And to answer your question, here's a quote.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

• because many people have problems with math

• You just said that you did have an A in math?

• I do... I can afford to play dumb in all those subjects and pretend to be the average student... I'll still end up with an A as the final grade.

• It's called Senioritis and no I don't do that. Also no one cares which road you take.

• True. I've been doing it a bit. For instance, I wasn't trying too hard on a research assignment (not even being creative) and making it so simple. I got a B- on it and the teacher was actually surprised and was like ''What happened, you're not even trying''. They sure noticed it fast.

• fuck you

• Haha, you'll go far for sure, huh? Bright future.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeahhh, I'm always like that. It always work out in the end anyway. X) If you need high grades for one reason or another though, then I guess you better just not slack off.

• College won't be able to see that you suddenly slacked off at the end of the year... and if you're still going to get an A it doesn't really matter.

• Naw, actually I get more in turned with getting my grades up. I'm more lazy at the beginning of the year.