Do your parents shut off the internet at night? Or what controlling things do your parents do? Any restrictions?

Just curious.

0|0
6|5

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. They constantly call during my last class period. It's gotten me in trouble several times.
    2. When they find out I'm done with classes, they demand that I be home within 15 minutes (but going home is a 20-30 minute commute)
    3. When they do let me go out (which is a very rare occurrence) I can only be out for 3 hours and must be on my way home by 5:30
    4. I'm almost 20 and I have a curfew (9:30)
    5. They scold me and pull my power plug if they catch me up past my curfew
    6. They won't let me walk around the subdivision by myself
    7. If I have to go to the grocery store, they make me take a hired helper with me
    8. When they let me go out to the mall, they wait and make me introduce who I'll be out with

... yeah :)

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• i don't live with my parents... but when i did when i was a minor i had a no phone at night rule... totally sucked. haha!

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents aren't controlling so nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mm... my parents don't let me use my electronics til after I'm finished with homework.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no, that would be like my worst nightmare. My Mum has threatened to but she wasn't serious, I think she'd be kind of scared to anyway for fear of breaking it as the internet is so dodgy in our house and goes out all the time. She's never been controlling at all; probably wasted on me lols as she'd be fine with me staying out late, she's not likely to freak out about me drinking or smoking weed or anything like that, she's never disliked any of my friends, she says I can use one of her B&B rooms for privacy if I want to have a boyfriend to stay, etc.; but I'm very boring and don't drink, never really wanted to stay out late, and I'm still a virgin and never had a 'proper' boyfriend at 19 :/

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents aren't controlling at all.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I live alone so no restrictions any more.
    When I did live with my parents they thought of me as quite a mature guy anyway so there wasn't any restrictions beyond the age of 16 that I can really think of. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope never controlled anything like that. Which was nice. I never abused it tho. Controlling something gives a child something to abuse the privilege and figure ways to keep using it

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a free bird.

0|1
    0|0
  • nothing because i pay the internet and tv bill

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have parents. That shit sounds horrible though.

0|1
    0|0