How do you act when you are a passenger in a car while someone was texting and driving?

a lot of the times if you say something to them, they get mad at YOU like you shouldn't be saying shit... saying stupid shit like "But did you die?" Thats what I try and prevent every day...

Most Helpful Girl

• I yell at them.
    I never text and drive

What Girls Said 8

• You know, I never really put thought into it. But now I suddenly am.

... Though I don't hold ANY right to scold them for it because I have a bad tendency to text and drive as well. Except it's usually only when I know it'll be quick, short text.

Still not safe AT ALL, but, I'll get what's comin' to me.

• Depends who's driving. My sister is a really skilled driver, she's amazing. She wouldn't do that, but if she did I would trust her.

My mother... no.
    My husband... absolutely not. Although he may think he's a skilled driver, I don't know how he's not dead yet.

• I would tell them to put the phone down or pull over so I can get out of the car. I will not allow myself to be put in that kind of danger, and it sickens me that some people are willing to do it to themselves and others.

• Lmao I love that meme. But yeah, I always say something. Like it can wait. Or give me the phone and I'll text it for you.

• i always berate the person

• Pretty much like Kermit up there. If it's a quick glance at a red light, I don't say anything. If it's actual texting, I get out. Ideally when they're going less than 30 mph.

• I was drivig from California to Texas with my brother, no stops. so while he was driving, id sleep, while i was driving hed sleep. Or at least that was the plan. I started out driving, he slept like a baby, when He started driving, I closd my eyes. Like opening a 6th sense, I could just TELL that he was texting, Hed hit the rumble strips. Hed hit the reflectors in between lanes... needless to say I couldnt sleep... But I didn't say anything because I wanted to have a good time in texas with m brother. So I didt sleep for 27 hours and I was driving half of that time, relying on energy drinks and pills.. I was falling asleep with m eyes open..

• So in a sense, You are saying I was more irresponsible for keeping quiet and not sleeping, and driving instead? The very first time I hit the rumble strips and I was completely awake, I pulled over and fell asleep.

• I'm not calling you irresponsible. I'm saying that I would not have wanted to be a passenger in that car if that was the choice in drivers. If the texter's awake, worst-case, you can steal their phone and sit on it -or lock it in the glove box or something. But a sleeping driver's pretty darn terrifying -even if you're not on the highway.

• I yell until they put it away. Pretty much with any scenario...

• I say you send them this pic they will get the message

What Guys Said 7

• Honestly? I feel anxious and I tell them that it makes me uncomfortable. If they can't appreciate that, then I probably won't be hanging out with them anytime soon.

• I have this problem with my brother.. He gets pissed if I say anything at all.

• He's just not thinking it through nor is he being considerate, which sucks because it can be just as dangerous as drunk driving.

• Never have I been a passenger in a car driven by someone so stupid. I guess I would tell them to pull over and I would get out.

• I ask to stop and let me out.

• I'm not ever a passenger. Haven't been for many years. But, I certainly wouldn't put up with it. Because of life-altering accidents as a passenger, I'm not very good at it to begin with.

• I would ask them once to stop and then insist that they pull over so I could exit the car. The same if they are drinking. Uber is cheap in comparison with medical bills.

• I silently pray then if I survive I can give them a mouthfuls about it once we are out of the car.

• Im like if i die i want you to name all your kids chuck mc duck