People say it's something to worry about but I'm not that concerned?

My parents have noticed that I don't drink enough through the day. My dad and sister can drink a litre of pop a day and I can my litre of pop last me a week. I don't get the need to have a drink. I can have a sip of my pop and not have another drink till 12 hours after is it bad? Everyone's worried about it but I'm not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pop? As in soda? You shouldn't be drinking that much soda anyway, it's really bad for your teeth and your health considering that it contains loads of sugar and all sorts of crap.
    You should drink more water, though. Your body has become used to not drinking so much, and that's actually really bad. The healthy recommendation for daily water intake is about 2 litres for women. You should carry a water bottle around you at all times and drink from it throughout the day. That's what I do. In the beginning you might have to force yourself to drink when you're not feeling thirsty. But you'll start feeling more thirsty naturally when your body becomes used to consuming more fluids.
    You can get kidney stones if you don't drink enough, and the lack of fluids will also make it more difficult for your blood to flow to your organs. This is obviously incredibly dangerous. So you should actually be very concerned with how little you actually drink.

What Guys Said 4

• Thats to much pop for your family to drink a day
    that the amount of water you're ment to drink.

• I don't drink too. Also drinking water from the faucet isn't healthy. it can have bacteria. Try getting your water through fruits and vegetables

• lifes a drama, dont worry about it

• Do you drink water instead?

What Girls Said 3

• Why aren't you worried?

I get you, though. I used to go a whole day on half a glass of water. My parents, sister, and boyfriend would always tell me how bad that is and would try to force me to drink more, but I never listened.

fast forward a couple of years and three hospital stays later, I finally drink at least 4-5 glasses of water a day. I'm sure you're smart enough to know how bad it is to go without fluid, but ultimately it's your choice. If I could back, I'd save my family and the nurses the trouble and drink more water.

• What happened? And if I drink to much I feel sick

• because you're body isn't used to it. You can't just suddenly drink a whole bunch then stop. Drink like two glasses of water a day, then work your way up to three then four then 8 glasses, if you can.

You need water to help your organs and all your bodily processes function. Eventually my immune system said "f*ck it, I'm not going to work without pay" so it failed me and I got the same disease three times. If anything, I should have gotten it just once, but I was stubborn and it kept coming back. (sorry I'd rather not mention what it is, and no it's not an STD or anything like that)

• and just so you know, even if your body does feel sick, you need the water. You're not allergic to it or anything, if I were you I'd honestly just push through the uncomfortable feeling. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be harsh, and I'm not trying to scold you or anything, it's just really simple. I'd be really frustrated if we were in the hospital, because my first patient ever died. His mom refused to feed him or give him water because she said "he just doesn't want it". That killed him. We couldn't even give him water therapy because his vains collapsed because there was nothing in it (no water = less blood)

• If you are talking about water, yes that's very bad.

• When you say pop do you mean soda or water? If it's water then you really should be drinking more. If it's soda, then a liter a day is a bit too much.

• Pop :)

• I don't know what pop is. Is it soda or is it water?