How do you motivate yourself to do things?

I'm seriously the least motivated person on earth

Most Helpful Guy

• What is it that you want to do exactly?

• Study, do assignment, etc

• Alright, just stick with it then. I recommend you find a hobby you really like though to accompany your major. I have quite a few friends who are computer science majors, and it is really difficult from what I've heard.

• Ok, thanks, I'll try

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have a boss who told me. "I never demand anything from you. You demand things from yourself." He was a jerk. I like to motivate myself by setting goals, making plans for the future like little steps... Etc. I always feel more motivated thinking about cool things I'm going to be doing next month like traveling or going to a concert but I'll say to myself "but if I want to go there I need to work hard because I can't fail school or lose my job," do you see what I'm saying? You have two options.. Being capable and incapable. You can do well or fail. And maybe you do fail but if you keep trying you will go far.

What Guys Said 3

• I try to calculate how much time I have until I can finish something and compare it to how in how much time I could do it. The smaller the difference the more I have to do it.

• i swallow pen's ink :p

• I don't. That's my secret!

What Girls Said 5

• Deadlines motivate me a lot, especially when I only have a few hours left to complete the assignment. Lol. Other than that, very few things motivate me when it comes to school.
    As for doing chores around the apartment, I just pretend that I'm a Sim in a The sims game, and that the evil player who's controlling me is forcing me to do shit I don't want to do.
    24.media.tumblr.com/.../...ciRAJ71rog4gso1_400.gif

• Do things you have a passion for. We all have to do things we don’t want to. But if life has become a chronic source of dull chores, you’ve got a big problem that needs fixing. Get your body moving as you would if you were extremely motivated to do something. This '‘faking it’' approach to motivation may seem silly or crude, but it works.

• Have a bulletin board, you can get them cheaply at Home Depot, i'd imagine?

Stick some notes about reminding yourself to do things.

Have a piece of paper to map out your goals for every three months to a year.

Talk to friends regularly

• A variety of things mainly I just tell myself I'll have more free time. But its usually my mum who motivates me

• Do or die is usually how i think about it.